Would you buy this scope?

43.6N

FNG
I’m very interested in the Steiner. And actually like the Christmas tree mil reticles on gas guns.
But I would really prefer to hear feedback on its durability track record before spending $$ on one.
They just need to make a nx4 or nx5 series, unfortunately it'd be a more forgiving optical system and likely take too much a bite out of their nx8 sales.

There is a new piece of glass available from Steiner, the H6xi 2-12x42, has huge FOV, FFP, small exposed elevation turret and capped windage. The moa reticle sucks balls, but the mil tree reticle is usable, but subtensions likely unusable below 8X power. Weight is 23oz, very short body, but few reviews say the eyebox isn't too bad. Most high mag range short tube scopes suffer in this regard.

Reticle is very busy, spin off of their scr2 it appears.
View attachment 770856

Dave0317

WKR
Sounds like you want to put a maven rs1.2 on carnivore diet. Lose some magnification and 20% it's weight. 12x top end kinda loses me, I'd just take a rebranded Triji 3-18x44 with a different reticle.
What does the extra magnification do for you?
I think kind of like the Christmas tree reticles,
People “think” they need it. In reality, I think magnification is similar. People like the close up view, but in a real field situation, you don’t need as much as you think, and too much has more downsides than benefits. Reticle sizing issues, reduced field of view, eye relief, eye box, scope weight, etc.

If you want a heavy scope with lots of magnification, those are already out there. This will be something different.

I’m thinking this scope will sell itself to certain shooters. For everyone else, you can’t sell it to them, they will have to realize it’s what they want via education and experience.

khuber84

WKR
What does the extra magnification do for you?
I think kind of like the Christmas tree reticles,
People “think” they need it. In reality, I think magnification is similar. People like the close up view, but in a real field situation, you don’t need as much as you think, and too much has more downsides than benefits. Reticle sizing issues, reduced field of view, eye relief, eye box, scope weight, etc.

If you want a heavy scope with lots of magnification, those are already out there. This will be something different.

I’m thinking this scope will sell itself to certain shooters. For everyone else, you can’t sell it to them, they will have to realize it’s what they want via education and experience.
Pm sent not to clutter discussion.