Would you buy this scope?

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
I won’t buy sight unseen, but I’ll trust a good review or two if I can’t handle it first.

I agree with the first two points…but those are industry-wide issues, not specific to this post/project. Unless I’m mistaken, find me ANY manufacturer or even reviewer that has an actual measurable definition of “large eye box”.
So far that’s a point that is usually subjective and comparative. But I think we all have seen examples of cheaper variables that when at the top of their magnification range, eye box gets small. Avoiding that I would assume is the goal.

Good glass is definable. But at that price point and for the intended use, I can’t imagine it could be much of an actual concern that it won’t be good enough.

The last point, I will disagree and say, look for the Scope Evals here on Rokslide. “Form” explains the drops and 3,000 rounds test in depth and explains the rationale behind it very well. It’s a consistent and logical test that gives a good indication of scope performance and reliability.
4x zoom ratio with japanese glass will pretty much be guarenteed to have a "large eye box" to the most stringent standards you can dream of. That's a primary reason for the small zoom ratio