Will there be an elk season with coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbes

WKR
If they shut the seasons down what happens with NR tags? This is an unprecedented situation but am I out the money I've already got into a tag, or will Colorado honor that tag for an upcoming season, 2021 or 22 for example?

Some states did this in the spring for turkeys and bear. Some provided refunds, some said "too bad, so sad". IL did not provide refunds on turkey permits.

137buck

Lil-Rokslider
The governor here in Montana is threatening to put us back into phase one restrictions again, that would bring back the 14 day restrictions and closing stuff down...

brsnow

WKR
I am going regardless of what the states do. I am simply going to tape a Bureau of Land Management sign to my pack and say I am an armed protester that just happens to be carrying a bugle tube.

You just wouldn’t have a valid tag if the state canceled it, but you could also hunt year round though. No need to wait for a season.

Lmao. Damn Karen's gotta lighten up.
I have hundreds of hours of sick time. Maybe it is time to use some. Either way, I still cant go if they are doing this dumb ass quarantine thing. How is going into the mountains not quarantine anyway? That's way better than being stuffed into a tiny hotel room.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

KurtR

WKR
Lmao. Damn Karen's gotta lighten up.
I have hundreds of hours of sick time. Maybe it is time to use some. Either way, I still cant go if they are doing this dumb ass quarantine thing. How is going into the mountains not quarantine anyway? That's way better than being stuffed into a tiny hotel room.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Couldn’t you just say you did the 14 or is the gestopo going to start standing in front of the rooms keeping track. Hell most the rona crazies want the police defunded so there won’t even be any one to enforce it. Your odds are higher getting killed in a car crash on the way out

Brendan

WKR
Well if you don’t get sick time, there’s always the ‘working from home’ option. People still doing it

I know - was tongue in cheek. We don't get sick time, just PTO that covers everything, and I want to save that for vacation. I'll either go to the office sick and give it to everyone, or work from home. Been doing that since March anyways...

Lark Bunting

Lil-Rokslider
Not to spread a rumor but I had a very interesting conversation with a friend today:

I have an out of state buddy that drew the same elk tag as myself, here in Colorado. Without divulging too much information he has decided to cancel his trip out here in Sept due to Covid. During a call to CPW to see what his options were; losing points for a refund, or keeping points and losing out of state fees, or can he get both and let the tag go to the leftover list. Anyway, while speaking with the person at CPW she mentioned it may be a moot point, if cases continue to rise in Colorado they are considering shutting down the entire wildlife hunting program for this year.

Rise in cases in Colorado, really? I live on the Front Range and still don't know anyone who has it.
This is the most unscientific mess I've ever seen. There are no overwhelmed hospitals, the death rate is falling through the floor, and yet the statist death cult continues to push martial law as our only hope for survival. I'm hunting either way, if they can kill me I guess they can enforce it.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Lark Bunting

Lil-Rokslider
I don't know anyone personally either and I don't know that our Covid rate has increased lately to a point of indicating a closure of the elk woods. He tried getting more info out of her but she didn't go into more details. Like I said, I din't like spreading rumors but man that hit me hard to think they are talking about this at CPW.

Hell, this week our school district announced that kids will be going back to school 5 days a week, with an option for virtual learning if we were not comfortable. I don't know how they could close down an entire "wildlife hunting program" but it's okay for our kids to be in a classroom of 30 students.

bowhuntrben

Lil-Rokslider
Not to spread a rumor but I had a very interesting conversation with a friend today:

I have an out of state buddy that drew the same elk tag as myself, here in Colorado. Without divulging too much information he has decided to cancel his trip out here in Sept due to Covid. During a call to CPW to see what his options were; losing points for a refund, or keeping points and losing out of state fees, or can he get both and let the tag go to the leftover list. Anyway, while speaking with the person at CPW she mentioned it may be a moot point, if cases continue to rise in Colorado they are considering shutting down the entire wildlife hunting program for this year.

I think everybody with top tier tags should turn them in and retain their points....,😁

Status
Not open for further replies.