Will there be an elk season with coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmez

WKR
^^^^ Because the public school system is a liberal indoctrination center for kids

Depends on the school. Not at all true in my kids school.

Also depends on the parent. Kids won't be indoctrinated into anything the parent doesn't allow. Talk to them.

I would plan on it being shut down but hope for the best. Whether people want to accept it or not, politics are at play here now and these virus restrictions and regulations are going to get much worse between now and the election. The media will stay at full throttle on the fear mongering for as long as it's advantageous to their agenda.

Maverick1

WKR
There are likely going to be some people that will just say “The state of XYZ issued me a tag, which allows me to hunt in a particular unit, so that is what I am going to do. I will practice social distancing by stopping only for gas on my way to and from my hunting destination and again by parking my vehicle and being solitary for a certain number of days while I am hunting”.

Gearqueer

Lil-Rokslider
"Big game season's aren't getting shut down unless we are forced to close them by law." This is from a friend at the decision making level in a western state.

In Illinois in April they closed the state ground my tag was specifically issued for. I was told by DNR no refunds or transfers could be given for my tag. Site specific tag, no access to site.

This same thing can happen easily anywhere at the Fed level if the Forest Service closes. Then the state could choose to not refund your tag. Happened to me this spring.

justin84

Lil-Rokslider
All I know is the mountains are LOADED with people these days. Everyone must be unemployed
Ive never seen so many people mid-week camping/fishing/hiking.

I would bet OTC archery elk areas will be PACKED come September

I'll second that! Spent a few weeks up in northern WI recently and the boat/fishing/camping traffic was as high as I've ever seen. Weekdays, weekends...didn't matter.

MajorAR

Lil-Rokslider
Those of us elk hunting private land still might squeak through the red tape and fear mongering.

There are likely going to be some people that will just say “The state of XYZ issued me a tag, which allows me to hunt in a particular unit, so that is what I am going to do. I will practice social distancing by stopping only for gas on my way to and from my hunting destination and again by parking my vehicle and being solitary for a certain number of days while I am hunting”.

And?

brsnow

WKR
The mountain towns have been filled with tourists from hotspot states with no masks and no social distancing. If those town start to show a COVID impact, shutdowns are likely. As of now CO had state wide mask requirements and no further opening for at least two weeks. Hopefully we don’t move backwards.

brsnow

WKR
I find it ironic we try and control a virus that is damn near uncontrollable as we shove more processed and sugar foods and die at a rate way higher than COVID is killing any one.

Not everyone eats that way and poor eating habits are not contagious;-) no doubt you are correct though, country has many bad habits.

Kentucky

WKR
Not everyone eats that way and poor eating habits are not contagious;-) no doubt you are correct though, country has many bad habits.

Maybe not contagious, but definitely passed on to next generation.

Outlawing soft drinks will have a quicker and more positive effect than a mask mandate.
Covid is not controllable. Personnel health is.

They draw for my units tomorrow in KY.. season is still on here, for now anyway..but, our Governor is an ass clown, so...

njdoxie

WKR
I've got my plane ticket, put a 50% down payment on llamas, but I'm holding off buying my OTC rifle tag. If CO bans me somehow, I'll get my 50% down payment back and I can reschedule my flight, maybe for next year, airlines are being very generous.....but even if I'm out the airline ticket, it's no big deal, I got it in a steal.

Gearqueer

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but If hunters hunt, with issued tags on public lands despite temporary laws or orders to the contrary, I think the subsequent court rulings would be interesting.

Edit: for example someone gets a poaching or trespassing ticket on public ground because of a COVID infraction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

brsnow

WKR
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but If hunters hunt, with issued tags on public lands despite temporary laws or orders to the contrary, I think the subsequent court rulings would be interesting.

Edit: for example someone gets a poaching or trespassing ticket on public ground because of a COVID infraction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The state issues the tag, so if they close the season the tag wouldn’t be valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.