Why is Seek Outside giving gun control advocate Ryan Busse air time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
B
Since we’re letting this thread continue can we open back the elk shape conversation where the dude admitted to breaking the law?
I’m glad the mods are. I’d be disappointed if they shut it down just because it make a site sponsor look bad.

So far everyone has been more or less well behaved respectful. At least more so than Ryan Busse is on Twitter.

UpTop

Lil-Rokslider
With this and Mystery Ranch becoming a designer fashion brand is disappointing. I think in these times it’s more important than ever to be careful what type of companies to support. Fortunately there’s no shortage of good companies to choose from.

Phaseolus

WKR
Well I just went on a hike today…

Still a dumb idea to push gun control when you have a large hunter customer base.

Bottom line outside some very niche industries, it’s insane that any company dips their toes in any political charged issue in the 2020’s.
I was reacting to your stereotyping, this type of thing is in the “what’s wrong with Americans” category.

OP
B
View attachment 518615
In for memes before closure!! lol
I’m not sure if we will see any damage control. I hate to say it but I wasn’t exactly surprised by any of this. I don’t want to side track this, but I remember their social media during the summer of 2020, and nobody talks to a guy like Busse without knowing exactly who he is.

They were probably surprised it took this long for this to blow up.

OP
B
I was reacting to your stereotyping, this type of thing is in the “what’s wrong with Americans” category.
It’s a broad generalization, but everyone knows why field and stream and public lands are two very different market segments.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I’m glad the mods are. I’d be disappointed if they shut it down just because it make a site sponsor look bad.

So far everyone has been more or less well behaved respectful. At least more so than Ryan Busse is on Twitter.
No reason to take it down, it’s been civil. deleted some memes as they’re not appropriate here.

mt100gr.

WKR
Living in GJ and having gone into SO recently… I’m honestly not surprised by this. Most of the people working there would fall into the hippie style category. I don’t believe their focus is on hunters.
^^^this. Their quality is top notch and their products are innovative, but they've always given me the liberal+ vibe. I've spent a lot of money with them over the years and appreciate the solid gear. But we're done. I've owned a bunch of the LBO components, a Silex and nest, pack frame and 2 different bags and currently have an Eolus that I really like. It will be my last SO product, but I will continue to use it. Bummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.