Why is Seek Outside giving gun control advocate Ryan Busse air time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
That shouldn't matter. If Kevin is allowing his employees to push an anti-2A agenda on the podcast that's on him.

I don't agree.
My employees do dumb shit all the time.
Sometimes I catch then, sometimes I'm sure they get away with it.
I wouldnt be surprised if he doesnt even listen to his own podcast.

Do you listen to every rokslide podcast all the way through? Do any of the principals?

Like you I would like to hear from them.

Hunt41

Lil-Rokslider
Well… SO just lost me as a customer. I will not hesitate to inform others, and let them make their own decisions.
There are plenty of hunter friendly companies to do business with. SO can do whatever they want, but so can we.
I would love to hear SO official position on this. I bet they don’t have the balls to admit they are sacrificing some of their hunting sales to cater to the other portion of their business.

gabenzeke

WKR
I don't agree.
My employees do dumb shit all the time.
Sometimes I catch then, sometimes I'm sure they get away with it.
I wouldnt be surprised if he doesnt even listen to his own podcast.

Do you listen to every rokslide podcast all the way through? Do any of the principals?

Like you I would like to hear from them.
He's literally on the podcast and one of the main contributors of the nonsense we're talking about. Doesn't matter, we shall wait and see what they say, though I can't fathom what could be said to course correct after what I just heard.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
He's literally on the podcast and one of the main contributors of the nonsense we're talking about. Doesn't matter, we shall wait and see what they say, though I can't fathom what could be said to course correct after what I just heard.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Eh that makes it tough.
Thanks for catching me up.

I'm gonna have to listen to this dribble and give Kevin a chance to elaborate if he likes.

This guy is toxic - this the description from his book “Gun Fight”:

“A former firearms executive pulls back the curtain on America\x27s multibillion\-dollar gun industry, exposing how it fostered extremism and racism, radicalizing the nation and bringing cultural division to a boiling point.

As an avid hunter, outdoorsman, and conservationist\-all things that the firearms industry was built on Ryan Busse chased a childhood dream and built a successful career selling millions of firearms for one of Americas most popular gun companies.

But blinded by the promise of massive profits, the gun industry abandoned its self -imposed decency in favor of hardline conservatism and McCarthyesque internal policing, sowing irreparable division in our politics and society. That drove Busse to do something few other gun executives have done: he’s ending his 30 year career in the industry to show us how and why we got here.”

Anybody giving this guy airtime is part of the problem unless their are going to debate him and crush his arguments. I didn’t even know who he was and bought a redcliff last year…crap🙄. I wish I was more in the know.

fwafwow

WKR
1st. They weren't really amended in the form you're implying (a change or alteratation) they were technically additions, modeled after the English bill of rights. And no, they haven't been amended in their 230+ years of existence. Nice try...
I am struggling to understand. There have been quite a few amendments.

OP
B
Busse said something against constitutional carry, and they agreed. one even said about it "its just mind boggling the direction we're heading to me". Screw these guys. Wont be getting my money!!
Yeah, I’m saddened but not surprised.

I was worried I jumped the gun when I posted this thread. But I knew who Busse was and just how much visceral hate he had for gun owners and 2A supporters. This isn’t just some guy with a well reasoned difference of opinion.

Perhaps @Kevin T and @RockChucker30 haven't responded because they are already in "damage control" mode and are trying to come up with a response that will allow them to exit this shit storm with the least amount of negative impact possible. This whole thing is disappointing to read, especially the comments about the complicit participation from Kevin and other SO employees.

UncleBone

WKR
I would estimate they have lost between 8 and 10 thousand dollars in potential sales from this forum so far. Guessing it will be a lot worse after the weekend when guys get to scroll through while theyre at work.

Hunt41

Lil-Rokslider
Perhaps @Kevin T and @RockChucker30 haven't responded because they are already in "damage control" mode and are trying to come up with a response that will allow them to exit this shit storm with the least amount of negative impact possible. This whole thing is disappointing to read, especially the comments about the complicit participation from Kevin and other SO employees.
Also. Damage control doesn’t mean coming on Rokslide and say that they support hunting and 2A. To appease us, and keep us quiet. They have to say it on their podcast, for all of their listeners to hear.

OP
B
Also. Damage control doesn’t mean coming on Rokslide and say that they support hunting and 2A. To appease us, and keep us quiet. They have to say it on their podcast, for all of their listeners to hear.
That and a few thousand dollar public donation to someone like GOA or 2nd Amendment foundation. Then they might get my business back.

It sucks, I had a few things on my list I wanted to buy from them this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.