Who's going to the Kifaru Grand Opening Party?

BBob

WKR
I bought a Mt Smith climbers pack from Patrick...probably 30 years ago.
I still have a Mountainsmith Ghost gen 1. Light frame, cutting edge light but strong fabrics, thin hipbelt with double reverse pull straps that easily conform around your hips, etc.... Things the lightweight pack thing is coming back to or starting to utilize today. The man was ahead of his time :)

Last edited:

WI Shedhead

Lil-Rokslider
Not yet. Just checked this morning and it still says, processing. I'm a bit over 2 months now. Hopefully soon.
Ya I got an order in too. July one said up too 12 week Lee time which puts it at my house about a week before I go to Alaska. My old eberlestock took a shit on a weighted pack hike and I’m left without a pack. Ordered hoodlum, lite frame, guide lid, medium pocket for back and two small belt pockets. All in camo. For $1100 on sale this better be the last pack I own!!!!!

OP
hunterjmj

hunterjmj

WKR
It may be your last pack but you'll probably want to buy a day pack next. The Kutthroat will be my 4th Kifaru pack. My wife has started hunting the last couple years and my kids tag along so my gear supply is multiplying. But seriously, I want my wife to have a comfortable pack so she'll be wearing the Minikeg and I'll use the Kutthroat.

chadcharb

Lil-Rokslider
Aron made it clear when asked on his Instagram story Sunday night that it was a last- minute decision by Frank to stay in Colorado because of family. Of course Rokslide likes a bunch of made up drama, so people will probably accuse him of lying.
Frank said on his Instagram story that Aaron told him he'd "crush him" if he tried to work in the outdoor industry and there's no way he'd hunt with him again. Seems pretty extreme for a desicion to stick with family.

ChrisAU

WKR
Ya I got an order in too. July one said up too 12 week Lee time which puts it at my house about a week before I go to Alaska. My old eberlestock took a shit on a weighted pack hike and I’m left without a pack. Ordered hoodlum, lite frame, guide lid, medium pocket for back and two small belt pockets. All in camo. For $1100 on sale this better be the last pack I own!!!!!

I’d have a backup plan for sure. I ordered a Shape Charge May 20th. Hasn’t shipped yet. I’m not pressing up against any critical need for it though, so I’m patiently waiting ha.

mitchellmountain

Lil-Rokslider
Frank said on his Instagram story that Aaron told him he'd "crush him" if he tried to work in the outdoor industry and there's no way he'd hunt with him again. Seems pretty extreme for a desicion to stick with family.
1.Does kirafu make a completely USA made pack? Yes
2. Have they been tested and found to be well designed and very durable? - Yes
3. After listening to the kirafu podcast for a year do I think Snyder is an emotionally stable individual? Not really
4. Does number 3 have anything to do with me personally or as a consumer of kirafu products ? Nope

My assessment of the content on this thread, make of it what you will.

golfbum

WKR
Pretty sure Aron and frank no longer follow each other on social media, so probably true that something more then what Aron is trying portray happened.

With that said, who really cares if they had a falling out.

And I’m pretty sure that is a SG pack for frank 😉

Attachments

• 4DFBCE75-6E09-4574-82B3-C65CF29F8657.png
    4DFBCE75-6E09-4574-82B3-C65CF29F8657.png
    675.8 KB · Views: 225
Pretty sure Aron and frank no longer follow each other on social media, so probably true that something more then what Aron is trying portray happened.

I like mine

johaw

FNG
I'll be at 13 weeks starting tomorrow (8/8/12). My guess is that nothing ships before the Grand Opening.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"

Stopped following each other on social media huh??? Sounds serious.

OP
hunterjmj

hunterjmj

WKR
Me and my family went. Great time. We have friends in Lander as well. Won a few things and bought my youngest a door gunner. Other than being really hot we had a great time.

Me and buddy went, was expecting to at least buy pockets or other small accessories. I get it they've been moving maybe I'm a idiot for thinking they should have had more products for their grand opening. None of the bags where labeled on the wall I've been a user for 5-6 years now have a mountain warrior and Stryker xl, seen alot of other packs buddies have but haven't seen their whole lineup. So we stared at the wall guessing what certain packs where.

We kinda thought it was gonna be alot more then it was. Drove 2 hrs spent total 20mins there before we left.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

OP
hunterjmj

hunterjmj

WKR
Me and buddy went, was expecting to at least buy pockets or other small accessories. I get it they've been moving maybe I'm a idiot for thinking they should have had more products for their grand opening. None of the bags where labeled on the wall I've been a user for 5-6 years now have a mountain warrior and Stryker xl, seen alot of other packs buddies have but haven't seen their whole lineup. So we stared at the wall guessing what certain packs where.

We kinda thought it was gonna be alot more then it was. Drove 2 hrs spent total 20mins there before we left.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk
That stinks. My girls had a great time, each won a raffle prize, met some nice folks in the crowd and chatted with some of the staff about the packs and gear. My oldest saw the door gunner and thought it was a kids pack so they pulled one from the back and came home with it. Had a great time.

ErikT

FNG
Going on 13 weeks now for a Door Gunner with belt. Aron mentioned on a podcast they were going to start shipping last week I believe. Hope I'm not disappointed when it arrives.

OP
hunterjmj

hunterjmj

WKR
When I was at the Grand Opening they said they'd start shipping Monday. 🤷‍♂️ I put in an order May 25th. I know they said somewhere that first orders in will be first to ship out.