Who is ready to DELETE Facebook?

jlh42581

WKR
My much older half brother actually contacted my wife via messenger asking if he had done something wrong to me. He went to show his buddies some of the deer I've killed over the years and I guess it appeared that I had blocked him. Not sure why he couldn't have messaged me. The wife thought that was kinda childish. That's the crap I won't miss. What's sad is that's the only way we'd interact. Big age gap and not really much in common.

I deactivated mine for a few weeks to give anyone time to reach out before I fully deleted. One person did the same to me and reached out to ask if I deleted him, a person I wouldnt have. When I fully deleted I logged back in and told everyone that I was archiving my photos and videos which was what I really cared about. Said good bye and shut it down noting that I am really not that hard to find if you choose to do so.

Isnt it sad though that you can hurt someone's feelings like that without even intention due to how engrained this nonsense is in our lives.

I have ordered a lot of stuff from Amazon! With the resent events I was considering canceling my Amazon account, but then I herd of a better solution! Let’s all ordered 1 item a day from Amazon, and then just return them with there free returns policy! 😉

You do know you have to pay return shipping, right? 🤪

Finch

WKR
I deactivated mine for a few weeks to give anyone time to reach out before I fully deleted. One person did the same to me and reached out to ask if I deleted him, a person I wouldnt have. When I fully deleted I logged back in and told everyone that I was archiving my photos and videos which was what I really cared about. Said good bye and shut it down noting that I am really not that hard to find if you choose to do so.

Isnt it sad though that you can hurt someone's feelings like that without even intention due to how engrained this nonsense is in our lives.

It sure is sad. Full disclosure, I've only deactivated mine because I have alot of photos I want to save. I haven't looked into it but there's an easy option to backup everything?

Part of me wonders if I'll ever reactivate as well. Doing the full delete will probably deter me from ever again signing up though.

Zuckerberg’s brilliance is that he figured out how to get his platform to effect dopamine levels much the same way as cocaine and other drugs. An addiction that includes all the highs and lows and nonsensical thinking of any other drug.

Brewski

Lil-Rokslider
I have been social media free for at least 8 years. I'm still alive, still know what my friends are up to, and still get hunting and fishing pics and reports. Just delete and don't look back.

260madman

WKR
2010 I think is when we ditched it. Family cried. We told them too bad.

Deleted my account two days ago. I think I only posted on it every six months or more. I do like it to see pics and get little updates on what family members I’m not often in touch with are up to. But nothing is won without some sacrifice. There is still email, text, and actually picking up the phone and calling someone.

I think it is quiet ironic a guy who created a website using stolen student ID pictures, publicly posted them without consent, and then allowed everyone who cared to post judgement of their attractiveness or lack of attractiveness. A guy who stole the idea from others for his now multibillion dollar company. A guy who owns a business started in a criminal manner is exercising moral judgement on others.

Never had FB, but this morning I switched to duckduckgo from Google and its astonishing to see how much data Google is really getting from every user, including every single person on this site right now.I will be removing Google from the other 4 phones under my roof.Screenshot_20210110-110907_DuckDuckGo.jpg

mdp22

FNG
I have Facebook and Instagram. Wife showed me how to control settings, unfollow people, etc. Pretty much have mine tailored to what I want to see. Certainly don’t agree with censorship or agendas that social media platforms have but I have a lot of family contacts on both. The best thing I have done in the past two months to relieve stress is get rid of national news and stick to local venues.

gbflyer

WKR
I have been thinking about getting rid of Facebook but I’m addicted to it. I really like the different pages that I like for hunting and keeping up with family or friends. I still need to get rid of it.

The good thing is I was able to admit that I’m addicted.

Addiction is a strong word. If it negatively affects the normal course of going’s on throughout the day, then yes it’s an addiction.

I’ve been guilty of looking at it too much myself. I got rid of a couple of groups on there that tend to grab too much of my attention. I also don’t check it on my phone by not staying logged in. No notifications. I check it about twice a week on the computer now but that is going to turn into once a week. I have a few family members I keep up with there. That’s about it. No more groups that bait me!

Someone posted about watching “the Social Dilemma”. I second this recommendation. I didn’t understand how Facebook was monetized until I watched it. Wow.

peterk123

WKR
I deleted faceplant about a year ago. I used to read and post the political crap just like every other idiot. Then one day I realized all I was doing was pissing myself off and getting ramped up for nothing. So I stopped. Then I started to unfriend people going on political rants. Then I unfriended people who constantly talked about how great the kids were. Then I unfriended all the idiots that posted pics of their food all the time. Next thing I knew, I had no friends. So deleted the account. Great decision. Life is bliss. I also do not have twitter, instagram, pinterest and whatever else is out there. I also do not watch television or watch the local news. I basically just go online to check on a couple of hunting and fishing sites. I get plenty of news updates from just those outlets alone :)

I have to say though, if I could travel back in time and had the option of stopping the birth of one person of my choice; it would be Zuckerberg.

And ya, watch social dilemma. Make your kids watch it. Make your neighbors watch it.

NB7

WKR
I was the last holdout of most all of my friends and family to get it, and now have it only for accessing marketplace. I'm sure I could do without that too, but it does seem to be the premier way to sell off something and often to find things like I used to on craigslist (which sucks anymore). Been telling my family the same thing, get rid of it. The whole thing is nothing more than "look at me" BS

If you’re in the process of deleting your social media accounts, switching your browser to ddg, changing your email, might as well add Spotify to the list. They banned Trump from their platform. I just canceled my subscription with them.

Brendan

WKR
Might as well refuse to use an iPhone, anything Apple, android, or Google and Amazon too as they just collectively shut down Parler for the time being.

jlh42581

WKR
It sure is sad. Full disclosure, I've only deactivated mine because I have alot of photos I want to save. I haven't looked into it but there's an easy option to backup everything?

Part of me wonders if I'll ever reactivate as well. Doing the full delete will probably deter me from ever again signing up though.
Its super easy, you can move everything to google photos or archive it as a zip file. Its painless

Im curious about the new “Gab” phone coming out soonish.....the other “Gabb” phone(with two “b”s) is different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk