Who is ready to DELETE Facebook?

lif

WKR
Never had any of them either. Facebook especially never made sense to me. Letting a bunch of people, that I’m not friends with, know my business didn’t make it through my bullshit filters. I’m on Rokslide and one other hunting forum. So if that’s social media than that’s my extent of social media participation. But to hell with censorship, and people need to start making these non participation and non compliance decisions more often. As a society we are married to the idea that we have to participate with all of these modern methods. Many folks exist just fine without them, and many more should do the same.

I got facebook to use the buy and sell forums, as I am always buying and selling! The rest of the crap in there does get addictive though! I am embarrassed to say but I use it.

zacattack

WKR
I got on Facebook when it first started and was only at select colleges. It went to shit when zuckerburg figured he could make a fortune opening it to everyone.

Brendan

WKR
Hate to say it, but Facebook Marketplace, and some of the Archery and outdoor gear groups are fantastic for buying and selling stuff. Layer on top of that plenty of hunting groups for more niche topics that there isn't a dedicated forum for or a better place to go (Kayak hunting, local hunting groups, local archery and shooting groups, BBQ and smoking groups, you name it)

In a lot of ways it fills a need similar to Rokslide on a broader range of topics even if you take the entire social media aspect out of it.

Wellsdw

WKR
I’m Firm believer in that you won’t see censorship changes suppressing free speech until the advertisers on social media get hit in the pockets. Once revenue Plummets they will get in the ears of tech CEO’s. only way to do this is to sign off social media and not let yourself be exposed to the background advertisements which ultimately funds them

I’ve never had it and I’ve never had any tv channels since I graduated high school and moved out of my moms house in 2002. I have a small tv that I can watch a dvd on but that’s it, zero channels. There’s a big hole above my fireplace that’s made for a big tv And as of right now there’s a big framed pic of this years ks buck and his rack thats waiting to go to the taxidermist setting in front of the screen. If my turkey that’s at the taxidermist fits in that tv hole then this old tube tv is going in the dumpster.

I guess I need to look in to this search engine stuff yall are talking about.

No need for me to act cool. I still have a Facebook account. Facebook just came out as I started college so everyone you met at a bar or class had it and you stayed in touch through it. The day I drop Facebook is likely the last day I ever see or hear from hundreds of high school and college friends and acquaintances. I’m not ready for that. The opinions of others on Facebook don’t offend me. Try hard not to offend and try even harder not to be offended.

And sorry to say it, but a lot of the moose hunting, sheep hunting, and AK hunting and fishing pages are more active and informative than even this great website.

TJNM

FNG
I like being in contact and Sharing adventure photos w family and actual friends. Aside from that FB is poison

jlh42581

WKR
I dropped facebook and instagram but prime is going no where. Where I live you cant find half the things I want and to have it brought to the door is gold.

With that said one of the reasons I really got out of the social media thing too is it made me feel like nothing was ever good enough. Its non stop marketing trying to get you to spend money. I have some of the best gear money can buy and yet I look in the classifieds still, I look at sales now and then... why?

The people we think we are gonna miss dont give a shit about you, hate to tell you the honest truth. The ones who do call you, text you and come visit you. They dont just "like" your photos. Social media brought some real truth out of the walls though. People I thought were lifelong friends are some of the biggest pieces of shit on planet earth.

Finch

WKR
I deactivated mine on New Years Day because I found myself aimlessly scrolling. Tired of seeing stupid people making stupid posts or bragging about how good their lives are. I also get a little depressed during hunting season seeing so many big deer being killed around me. I actually think it has affected my hunting. Sounds stupid I know.

I will miss Outdoor Life and F&S and all the 6.5 Creedmoor jokes. I'll really miss marketplace as it's a lot easier than craigslist.

My much older half brother actually contacted my wife via messenger asking if he had done something wrong to me. He went to show his buddies some of the deer I've killed over the years and I guess it appeared that I had blocked him. Not sure why he couldn't have messaged me. The wife thought that was kinda childish. That's the crap I won't miss. What's sad is that's the only way we'd interact. Big age gap and not really much in common.