Who is ready to DELETE Facebook?

Bdjones

Lil-Rokslider
Been out since covid started.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Traveler

WKR
Never had FB, Twitter, Instagram, etc. Amazon and Apple are too valuable and beneficial to me, they will be staying.

I had an account probably 10+ years ago and deleted it a few days after I registered. The wife convinced me to open a new account last year so I could see the market place. I deleted it again and won't be looking back

Mike1187

Lil-Rokslider
I created a Facebook account back when they were new back when it was only available to college students....it was the new thing to do and I fell into the trap. I got off 10-11 years ago and haven’t missed it one bit. Social Media became the place for people that needed attention or a reaction and a place for people to disrespect others without getting throat punched. I recently changed my search engine but have a gmail account which will be a harder to get rid of but will be phased out soon.
Unfortunately all the big tech companies that we use daily are just like FB or Twitter. They’ve made it almost impossible to disconnect 100%. Cut the cord on cable because of the outrageous cost then your only option is using Big Tech’s streaming services. Heck, I don’t agree with the political views of Apple or Microsoft but I’m typing this on an iPhone that I’m not about to throw in the trash and it would be frowned upon by my boss if I threw my computer out the window.

Ten Bears

WKR
Does anyone have a recommendation on a good browser that doesn’t dabble with crushing free speech and advocate propaganda ? Longtime Firefox user and their message last night was terrifying. Looking for one on my laptop and iphone.

I haven’t had a social media account since Friendster.

Glory

Lil-Rokslider
I use facebook both personal and for business. Not sure what I will do at this point. I can't stand reading the conspiracy theory stuff people post, and I can't stand reading the leftist slant on things either. Folks are downright vicious these days. So I unfriend a lot of people. The Babylon Bee is pretty awesome to read on facebook.

youtube has been removing videos and channels left and right, this morning I was trying to catch up on the latest political nightmare going on and they have edited out all of newsmax content. The anchor would start to tell his story and set up a clip and it would skip over all the material he had posted. We are a couple days into this nightmare, image what will happen if they actual gain control of office they claim to have won.

Last edited:

archp625

WKR
I have been thinking about getting rid of Facebook but I’m addicted to it. I really like the different pages that I like for hunting and keeping up with family or friends. I still need to get rid of it.

The good thing is I was able to admit that I’m addicted.

Spike elk

WKR
Does anyone have a recommendation on a good browser that doesn’t dabble with crushing free speech and advocate propaganda ? Longtime Firefox user and their message last night was terrifying. Looking for one on my laptop and iphone.

I haven’t had a social media account since Friendster.
It was mentioned earlier in this thread but Duck Duck Go works great for me on both PC and droid. Part of their "sell" is privacy. They do not look over your shoulder while you browse. I have even been thinking about going back to the old school flip phone. Smart phones are about the worst thing that has happened to our society. Next time you get together with family or friends observe how many of them are preoccupied with that dang phone.

As far as FB goes I am too anti social to have social media. Never had it. You would think that 74 million people would be willing to delete FB and Twitter. Have been working on my fam to do so. That would get big techs attention. Folks are addicted...

Ten Bears

WKR
It was mentioned earlier in this thread but Duck Duck Go works great for me on both PC and droid. Part of their "sell" is privacy. They do not look over your shoulder while you browse. I have even been thinking about going back to the old school flip phone. Smart phones are about the worst thing that has happened to our society. Next time you get together with family or friends observe how many of them are preoccupied with that dang phone.

As far as FB goes I am too anti social to have social media. Never had it. You would think that 74 million people would be willing to delete FB and Twitter. Have been working on my fam to do so. That would get big techs attention. Folks are addicted...

I use DDG as my search engine, literally just made a switch to Brave for my browser. Seems solid so far. I’ve had a Protonmail account for years. Slowly migrating my 20+ years of email and logins over to it. It’s unfortunate that it has come to this. Sad times for free speech and the intent of the internet.