Who is ready to DELETE Facebook?

woods89

WKR
Sounds like a good argument except for one very big difference. Bakers were exercising their freedom of religion while these big tech companies are suppressing freedom of speech. Anyone that supports taking away rights guaranteed by the constitution needs to go live somewhere else. I suggest China.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can say whatever you want, just can't use their megaphone to do it. I'm no fan of big tech, but I'm also not bothered by businesses deciding how to run their business. Just one small business owners perspective.

bsnedeker

WKR
You can say whatever you want, just can't use their megaphone to do it. I'm no fan of big tech, but I'm also not bothered by businesses deciding how to run their business. Just one small business owners perspective.
It's a fair analogy. And just like every person in the area of that baker that supports gay marriage can and should choose not to support that company by not giving them their business, every person who believes in freedom of speech should choose not to support these fascist companies.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

brsnow

WKR
Sounds like a good argument except for one very big difference. Bakers were exercising their freedom of religion while these big tech companies are suppressing freedom of speech. Anyone that supports taking away rights guaranteed by the constitution needs to go live somewhere else. I suggest China.

It has nothing to do with free speech. You aren’t guaranteed free speech on a company platform.

woods89

WKR
It's a fair analogy. And just like every person in the area of that baker that supports gay marriage can and should choose not to support that company by not giving them their business, every person who believes in freedom of speech should choose not to support these fascist companies.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Yes. They get to choose how to run their business, we get to choose whether we use their services. I hope to see both parties keep that choice.

traviswdalton

Lil-Rokslider
It has nothing to do with free speech. You aren’t guaranteed free speech on a company platform.

Using your logic they could start saying only whites are allowed to use their platform. Being a private company doesn’t allow you to do anything you want.

brsnow

WKR
Using your logic they could start saying only whites are allowed to use their platform. Being a private company doesn’t allow you to do anything you want.

It allows you to do a lot. I have no doubt I could post content on Rokslide that would get me banned. It probably happens every day.

traviswdalton

Lil-Rokslider
It allows you to do a lot. I have no doubt I could post content on Rokslide that would get me banned. It probably happens every day.

To an extent I agree with you but the biggest problem is these big tech companies aren’t applying their rules evenly across the board. They are obviously targeting conservatives. China and Iran have a Twitter account. I’m pretty sure rokslide would ban anyone that violated their rules regardless of who you are. Would you agree not applying the rules evenly isn’t right?

I have ordered a lot of stuff from Amazon! With the resent events I was considering canceling my Amazon account, but then I herd of a better solution! Let’s all ordered 1 item a day from Amazon, and then just return them with there free returns policy! 😉
I was a big Amazon guy but have recently scaled back. When I do buy from Amazon I try my best to make sure it's sold from someone other than Amazon,

Yep. Only was on it to see stuff my kids posted and a couple of hunting groups. My wife and kids followed suit as well.

Very disappointed in all the hypocrisy and double standards the likes of Suckerberg is taking against more conservative people compared to liberal and progressives.

For 4 years we watched adolescent behavior with very vile rhetoric from one party. Whether you liked the exiting POTUS or not is totally irrelevant. The widespread grouping of millions because of the irrational actions of a few is absurd and nonsensical at best.

I thought a sleeping giant was being awoke a few months ago. Guess the 'ol boy is still half dazed...

Brendan

WKR
Just like a baker can choose to not make a cake for a gay couple, these companies also have the same right.
I'm not saying I disagree with them, but these companies are public, not private, and are a lot closer to the phone companies and utilities, which are regulated and can't make that decision.

Don't be surprised if they end up there with the climate in Washington.

Last edited:
I have been thinking about getting rid of Facebook but I’m addicted to it. I really like the different pages that I like for hunting and keeping up with family or friends. I still need to get rid of it.

The good thing is I was able to admit that I’m addicted.
Up until around 15 months ago I was on another hunting web sight that I was spending way too much time on. I can't believe how much I actually was caring about what other people thought or were doing. MUCH happier now and enjoy hunting more.

I still like to come here now and then.

archp625

WKR
Up until around 15 months ago I was on another hunting web sight that I was spending way too much time on. I can't believe how much I actually was caring about what other people thought or were doing. MUCH happier now and enjoy hunting more.

I still like to come here now and then.
I'm pretty much addicted to Rokslide as well. I have learned so much from here and have spent a ton of money because of this site as well.