Which suppressor?

Bouldar

Lil-Rokslider
I am looking for my 1st suppressors. I want one for a 308 and 6.5 CM. This is for hunting and I want to be in the 7” area. I want a good compromise for weight, size, sound suppression, and recoil reduction. I am debating a harvester EVO and a nomad 30. It will be dedicated to 1 gun so I am thinking direct thread. Want to keep it under $1000. What do you think?

I'm considering a CGS Hyperion, but its 9" and weighs 15oz (direct thread).
It has the best (quietest) suppression rating for a 6.5/308, with a limited first round pop which has more of an affect on a bolt action than a semi-auto.

OP
B

Bouldar

Lil-Rokslider
Based on your requirements, I would go with the Harvester EVO.

That being said, as soon as you get it, you will want the next one, which is when you should buy the Nomad Ti.

Then the Hyperion K.

Then....
Lol. Sounds like a huge problem.

OP
B

Bouldar

Lil-Rokslider
I'm considering a CGS Hyperion, but its 9" and weighs 15oz (direct thread).
It has the best (quietest) suppression rating for a 6.5/308, with a limited first round pop which has more of an affect on a bolt action than a semi-auto.

Shit…now that is on the list.
It is the most expensive on my list and 9” so I doubt I will go that route. If I build another gun, maybe I will go shorter to accommodate the Hyperion.

B23

WKR
TBAC Gen2 Ultra7 and 9 are as good as it gets for 1.5in diameter cans. If you're looking at suppressors larger than 1.5 diameter the Dead Air Nomad LT is a extremely good, quiet, and light can that is a good compromise between 7 and 9 inch cans.

OP
B

Bouldar

Lil-Rokslider
TBAC Gen2 Ultra7 and 9 are as good as it gets for 1.5in diameter cans. If you're looking at suppressors larger than 1.5 diameter the Dead Air Nomad LT is a extremely good, quiet, and light can that is a good compromise between 7 and 9 inch cans.
Thanks. This is what I gathered. The TBAC seems to be the gold standard but is more expensive and not in stock.

Hyperion K is the way I went and I dont regret it. I'm using it on a Barrett 6.5. The materials and 3D printing is some pretty cool technology and its very quiet for its size. If the wait wasnt so long Id probably get a Hyperion as well and still might after christmas. Pew Science is a good way to compare since it takes so long to get these things. I was all set to get a TBAC Ultra 7 but the stuff from CGS was super impressive. I need more supressors. lol

Bluumoon

WKR
I have a JK armament in jail, super light, modular length. Options on materials, adaptable connections/mounts

TheHammer

WKR
I like my griffin sportsman ultralight 300s. Worth checking them out, fits your criteria. In a year I’ll let you know how the banish back country compares. Thinking I should’ve bought 2 of those.

Shit…now that is on the list.
It is the most expensive on my list and 9” so I doubt I will go that route. If I build another gun, maybe I will go shorter to accommodate the Hyperion.
I think the hperion still supposed to be the quietest out there. If you want to save weight and length the Hyperion K gets you down to 6.3 inches and 10 ounces vs 7 inches and 9.8 ounces on the TBAC depending on how you mount it.

z987k

WKR
I haven't tried the ones you listed, but the AB Raptor has been a great hunting rifle can for me and meets your requirements. I have an 8 stack currently and liked it enough that I purchased a 10 stack for another mountain hunting rifle.
I bought the 6 stack for the same purpose and I'm a fan.

Thanks. This is what I gathered. The TBAC seems to be the gold standard but is more expensive and not in stock.

I would say that CGS is the gold standard, with TBAC and Dead Air being pretty much equal just below that.

However, I will add that everyone's ears are different and tone plays a big factor in how "quiet" a can is to a person. If there were a standard measuring method in the industry, I would trust the published numbers a bit more, but there isn't. Pew Science does a pretty good job at repeatability, but just like with reloading, unless you shoot the exact same equipment in the exact same environment, the numbers are going to be different. For example, I have lost a lot of high frequency hearing in my left ear. Therefore, Ti cans that tend to have more of a high pitched tone sound "deader" to me. For others, they are annoying.

I guess what I am trying to say to you and to everyone thinking about getting into suppressors, is don't get hung up on the decibel reduction in any of the comparable cans. Focus on the other things that matter to you such as length, weight, attachment type, availability of accessories (if the can you are looking at even has the option), etc. Just like with rifles and cars, there are trade-offs, so you have to figure out what is the most important for you and pick based on those.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I am looking for my 1st suppressors. I want one for a 308 and 6.5 CM. This is for hunting and I want to be in the 7” area. I want a good compromise for weight, size, sound suppression, and recoil reduction. I am debating a harvester EVO and a nomad 30. It will be dedicated to 1 gun so I am thinking direct thread. Want to keep it under $1000. What do you think?
Under 1000 out the door or just the suppressor? Fees and tax add up quick!!