Which suppressor?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
What does it do better than my Harvester EVO that is literally half the price? I think pew science even rates the silencerCO as more quiet...
Honestly….nothing. I have one on order and I’m not expecting a noticeable difference over the banish 30 I have. I guess they say the TBAC is more “repeatable” since it’s fully welded and silencers like the banish can be taken apart so I guess if you put it back together differently you could get a different POI (how much I’m not sure, I don’t take it apart).

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I am no fan boy, but I don't agree with that. Yeti spends billions on marketing and sponsorships, TBAC has an out dated website, no social media presence, and pretty much relies on word of mouth for sales. I get where you are coming from, being that they are recommended so much, but I think it is because you rarely see any problems with them. They have been around forever and built a pretty good reputation by making good products.
I ordered an ultra 7 because I wanted an all around silencer and I wanted to see what the hype was all about. I’ve been next to people shooting them and I can’t say they seemed more quiet but I doubt anybody can say that without actual decibel measuring equipment. Seems like the TBAC got a following in the PRC crowd because of the POI repeatability which makes sense since they are fully welded so you’d never take it apart and put it back differently. That seems to be their claim to fame from like ten years ago but it’s not exactly high tek or anything. I can’t tell but it seems like other manufactures are coming out with some newer technology while TBAC sells based on their name.

All of that to say, I’m sure I’ll like my TBAC, but knowing what I know now….I’d have chosen something different.

What does it do better than my Harvester EVO that is literally half the price? I think pew science even rates the silencerCO as more quiet...
Pewscience has not tested the harvester evo but has tested the Harvester 300 and the TAC Ultra9 on supersonic 308 and the TBAC definitely outperforms the silencerco with over a 10 point difference in overall suppression rating. I really don't care about TBAC at all but in terms of suppression performance, it is likely that it will be superior. I currently use a Dead Air Sandman-S but my next 30 cal can will likely be a Otter Creek Labs Hydrogen or a Diligent Defense Enticer s-ti.

Lawnboi

WKR
Come on now. Thunder beast is expensive but it’s pretty hard to fault them for anything else. They are a good company, they make a good product and provide good support.

Plus their cans don’t look like they were welded in a high school metals class.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Come on now. Thunder beast is expensive but it’s pretty hard to fault them for anything else. They are a good company, they make a good product and provide good support.

They are definetly nice with few of any drawbacks, cool company too that’s why I bought one but they aren’t exactly doing anything new these days are they?

The TBAC fanboy stuff is strange, I just wanted another all around 30 caliber can so I’m not constantly switching back and forth, TBAC had good reviews so I got that. I’m sure I’d be just as happy with dozens of other silencers though.

Im just not expecting

I don't think about said anything bad amount them. The cost doesn't seem justified though.

Lawnboi

WKR
They are definetly nice with few of any drawbacks, cool company too that’s why I bought one but they aren’t exactly doing anything new these days are they?
They are. Pistol cans, updated baffle stacks, magnus suppressor. They seem like they are pushing it like everyone else.

My magnus, should be shipping from them soon. I’ll probably buy another ultra 7 down the road as well as it’s about perfect for hunting imo and I’m committed to TBAC mounts.

Lawnboi

WKR
I don't think about said anything bad amount them. The cost doesn't seem justified though.
Maybe not for you. They are a titanium can. Titanium has positives to me when it comes to a suppressor I’ll have for life.

Show me a similar titanium can at 600 bucks and maybe I’ll eat my words.

I'm not criticizing them at all. Similarities to Yeti:

1. name recognition
2. devoted fans
3. original products greatly outperformed the alternatives on the market
4. premium materials, components and pricing
5. business competition that is squeezing hard on performance or cost, and sometimes both.

I don't own yeti, I probably won't own TBAC, but it doesn't make them bad in any way.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
They are. Pistol cans, updated baffle stacks, magnus suppressor. They seem like they are pushing it like everyone else.

My magnus, should be shipping from them soon. I’ll probably buy another ultra 7 down the road as well as it’s about perfect for hunting imo and I’m committed to TBAC mounts.

I’m committed to 5/8x24 direct thread. You’re right, I guess they have come out with a few new silencers. I just went with the ultra 7 because like you said, good for hunting. Honestly, I’m more excited to play around with my dead air mask 22 than the TBAC.

Weldor

WKR
The Harvester is great, have one and used it on 6.5 prc, 308, 300 ham'r. super light and repeatable. I also have a Banish 30, really like it, 7 or 9 in works great, just a tad heavier tean the Harvester. Also nice feature is it is servicable.

Last edited:

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
The Harvester is great, have one and used it on 6.5 prc, 308, 300 ham'r. super light and repeatable. I also have a Banish 30, relly like it, 7 or 9 in works great, just a tad heavier tean the Harvester. Also nice feature is it is servicable.
Do you actually “service” your banish 30 though? If so, how often? I have one of them and I really like it but I’ve never tried it at 9” and I’ve never taken it apart to clean it. I weighed it the other day and it was like .4oz over listed weight but to be fair, I never weighed it before shooting it.

Weldor

WKR
I clean it with Hoppes elite at 100 rds, have done it several times. I made a PVC tube soak the baffles, clean with brass brush, re assemble. Use some silicone o ring grease on the orings and your ready to go. It is really easy, they made it as simple as possible.

Maybe not for you. They are a titanium can. Titanium has positives to me when it comes to a suppressor I’ll have for life.

What are the positives for you with titanium? I believe titanium can suffer from heat fatigue?

My harvester evo is 11.1 ounces I believe? Is it weight? Honest question.

Lawnboi

WKR
What are the positives for you with titanium? I believe titanium can suffer from heat fatigue?

Cleaning it. I can fill it with clr when it gains weight. Titanium can handle harsh cleaners.

The reason I’ll likely never buy another non titanium suppressor again. Tbac or otherwise.

Heat fatigue is not an issue for me. I’ll never have a firing schedule that would require steel. And as far as strength TBAC does a great job laying what works and what dosnt out. Not just saying it’s good for a 20” win mag.

I do agree TBAC isn’t the end all be all but let’s not act like they are just a marketing scheme either.

Which suppressor are you referencing?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"

Sure, if you are doing full auto magazine dumps titanium can fail more easily.

Sure, if you are doing full auto magazine dumps titanium can fail more easily.

That's where I'm wondering what the other differences are that make the Titanium better. I almost ordered an Omega 300 for the "hard use" feature but figured it's going to live on a bolt gun anyways and that I might as well save the money. The TBAC ultra 7 is 0.75" longer and 1.3 ounces lighter than the Harvester EVO. The cost is more than double though ($1180 vs $580). Not a lot of reviews on the Harvester EVO other than it being quieter than the Harvester 300 which also has very positive reviews.

Cleaning it. I can fill it with clr when it gains weight. Titanium can handle harsh cleaners.

The reason I’ll likely never buy another non titanium suppressor again. Tbac or otherwise.

Heat fatigue is not an issue for me. I’ll never have a firing schedule that would require steel. And as far as strength TBAC does a great job laying what works and what dosnt out. Not just saying it’s good for a 20” win mag.

I do agree TBAC isn’t the end all be all but let’s not act like they are just a marketing scheme either.
I think you're misinterpreting my questioning. I never implied it was marketing. I'm just trying to understand the added cost. Is cleaning a suppressor required often and is titanium that much easier than steel? I've fired exactly 3 rounds through a suppressor in my life. That's where my experience ends. It was on a 25 yard indoor range while my paperwork waits to clear. I probably won't fire it again until it next fall. In the mean time I will probably at least order one more for .22LR, and maybe a second in .30 cal

From some quick research online it seems most people agree larger rifle caliber suppressors don't need cleaning and some carbon actually makes them more quiet?