What’s the coolest thing you found in the back country

Dogone

FNG
This should be under a title : something strange that will be found someday. I was in a helicopter slinging a truck grill guard. We were in the middle of 20 miles of nothingness. Pilot said : oh shit , I just hit the hook release and dropped it.
This was 40 years ago but I expect someday someone will come across it. Then there will be conjecture on how it got there.

Sunkmanitou

Lil-Rokslider
Big pile of rocks with a framed photo of an elderly gentleman on top about a mile in from the road. Found out later someone fell of a tree stand and died there.

MTGunner

Lil-Rokslider
Knives, I have found two custom made blades. One deep in country and another frozen in muddy ice off of a trail. Amazing things you find in the back country. MTG

Houseminer

Lil-Rokslider
Knives, I have found two custom made blades. One deep in country and another frozen in muddy ice off of a trail. Amazing things you find in the back country. MTG
I would rather not tough any gun or knife I find in the wild.

ccoffey

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll have to get pictures, but I found a usfs issued Pulaski in a meadow from a fire crew 30 years ago. I brought it out and refinished.

I shot my deer this Winter along a river. As I was blood trailing, I happened upon an old turtle shell. Took care of the deer and my daughter and I went back the next day for the shell. Sits on top of my gun safe now.

This was about 100 yards or so from a creek. It's big enough I could setup my two man tent inside. I thought about camping there and firing it up lol.

This ish pisses me off.
Why? I'll never do it but just honestly curious. I understand if it's on a large immobile rock or something but a loose rock seems harmless.

Attachments

• PXL_20231018_211603468.jpg
    PXL_20231018_211603468.jpg
    602.6 KB · Views: 215