What if...

Not trying to get to political (everything is political ) . Maybe more philosophical. The great thing about that "document " is that in our country we recognized our shortcomings and later made right that "promissory note" that we are all free men. Societies/cultures change (some even disappear. ) Sometimes for the worse and other times for the better. Fellas , not trying to wander to much off the thread. Respectfully

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Does it matter if it’s a man or woman? Not trying to provoke you; I’m just curious how it relates.
Does it matter which way the earth spins? Of course it matters. But in this case it matters only for whether they get him the help he needs or just continue to pretend like its normal......unless it really is a woman. Not much they can do there if that's the case.

Does it matter which way the earth spins? Of course it matters. But in this case it matters only for whether they get him the help he needs or just continue to pretend like its normal......unless it really is a woman. Not much they can do there if that's the case.
By “does it matter” I mean does it make any difference to the validity/invalidity or scary/not scary introduction of a Disinformation Governance Board? It was a serious question. Maybe I’m missing something obvious. I’ve read about it but haven’t watched any videos.

Why do you care? We will be dead and gone, as will our kids and grandkids. Why is it important that others we'll never know continue to do things that we enjoy?
Why? because principles.

What we do (hunting fishing killing cleaning butchering gardening cooking etc) is important because it is real. Doing this stuff connects us to the real world. And one of the reasons this civilization is falling apart is because we are becoming more and more separated from reality.

Food ... Someone mentioned that very few people today could make raw food products from anything besides a grocery store. Bubble wrap is real but it masks the reality that a steak used to be alive and had to be killed to fit in the plastic wrap.

Computer games ... Someone else mentioned that teens these days don't want to pull away from the computer games (like TV or video games back in the day). Those things aren't real.

Ministry of Truth ... we all know it's not about reality and that is what bugs us the most.

Wolf reintroductions ... Reality is that the beasts need management.

Trophies for all ... doesn't recognize that someone really did do better than someone else, really has stronger capabilities.

The preservation of any particular tradition itself doesn't matter ... see Slavery or commercial hunting. What does matter is the connection to reality.

Reality matters. Fantasy not so much.

We've got to preserve hunting and fishing and killing and all that so future generations can figure out what is real and what is bovine fecal matter.

OP
displacedtexan
Not trying to get to political (everything is political ) . Maybe more philosophical. The great thing about that "document " is that in our country we recognized our shortcomings and later made right that "promissory note" that we are all free men. Societies/cultures change (some even disappear. ) Sometimes for the worse and other times for the better. Fellas , not trying to wander to much off the thread. Respectfully
Nevermind.
Why? because principles.

What we do (hunting fishing killing cleaning butchering gardening cooking etc) is important because it is real. Doing this stuff connects us to the real world. And one of the reasons this civilization is falling apart is because we are becoming more and more separated from reality.

Food ... Someone mentioned that very few people today could make raw food products from anything besides a grocery store. Bubble wrap is real but it masks the reality that a steak used to be alive and had to be killed to fit in the plastic wrap.

Computer games ... Someone else mentioned that teens these days don't want to pull away from the computer games (like TV or video games back in the day). Those things aren't real.

Ministry of Truth ... we all know it's not about reality and that is what bugs us the most.

Wolf reintroductions ... Reality is that the beasts need management.

Trophies for all ... doesn't recognize that someone really did do better than someone else, really has stronger capabilities.

The preservation of any particular tradition itself doesn't matter ... see Slavery or commercial hunting. What does matter is the connection to reality.

Reality matters. Fantasy not so much.

We've got to preserve hunting and fishing and killing and all that so future generations can figure out what is real and what is bovine fecal matter.
Having hunting and fishing sure doesn't seem to help the vast majority of the population know what's real or important now. How's it going to start doing that in the future?

I think we should introduce wolves and other apex predators in more places. Maybe a few mountain lions and a wolf in downtown would make people pay a little more at.

I think we should introduce wolves and other apex predators in more places. Maybe a few mountain lions and a wolf in downtown would make people pay a little more at.
A dozen grizzlies dropped in downtown L.A. would raise some eyebrows. They were native to CA.

Having hunting and fishing sure doesn't seem to help the vast majority of the population know what's real or important now. How's it going to start doing that in the future?
Yes, not the vast majority, because knuckleheads often refuse good things when they are freely available. Still, the mere existence of hunters today raises questions and thought in plenty of other people. And, it will certainly help those who participate in the future, so it should be preserved.

OP
displacedtexan
Yes, not the vast majority, because knuckleheads often refuse good things when they are freely available. Still, the mere existence of hunters today raises questions and thought in plenty of other people. And, it will certainly help those who participate in the future, so it should be preserved.
How does it help people?

If people in 100 years aren't asking questions or seeing value in whatever you see as the help that it gives... Why is that bad?

JBrown1

Lil-Rokslider
By “does it matter” I mean does it make any difference to the validity/invalidity or scary/not scary introduction of a Disinformation Governance Board? It was a serious question. Maybe I’m missing something obvious. I’ve read about it but haven’t watched any videos.
I think the comment is more about he irony of having a transgender woman as the head of the Disinformation Governance Board.

But it’s a moot point because she is obviously a woman. If the woman in question was trans, then you can bet your last dollar the Democrats would be celebrating, not hiding the fact.

Chuckybmd

WKR
I think one reason hunting is still around today and it will be around in 100 years is that it is intrinsic to our neurochemistry. We still have the caveman operating system in a technically advanced society.

We enjoy hunting because there is a certain region of the brain that lights up when tracking game and being outdoors.

I think we can escape this for generations, but eventually we will find our way back to it. Why because it is built into us.

I think the comment is more about he irony of having a transgender woman as the head of the Disinformation Governance Board.

But it’s a moot point because she is obviously a woman. If the woman in question was trans, then you can bet your last dollar the Democrats would be celebrating, not hiding the fact.
Gotcha. It amazes me how fascinated some people are with the transgendered. Most especially the self proclaimed ultra-conservatives. They have taken it to a point of fetishism.

@5MilesBack, it’s ok buddy. Just remember that you are accepted. No matter who you secretly love. 👍

Last edited:
OP
displacedtexan
I think one reason hunting is still around today and it will be around in 100 years is that it is intrinsic to our neurochemistry. We still have the caveman operating system in a technically advanced society.

We enjoy hunting because there is a certain region of the brain that lights up when tracking game and being outdoors.

I think we can escape this for generations, but eventually we will find our way back to it. Why because it is built into us.
Talk about an extremely long range view...

And interesting point. And very logical.

Why? Because Circle of Life... Society is disconnected. Massive amounts of knowledge have been lost because we are disconnected from the life/death cycle. I consider myself much more informed about the environment simply from being in it

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Gotcha. It amazes me how fascinated some people are with the transgendered. Most especially the self proclaimed ultra-conservatives. They have taken it to a point of fetishism.
There's always a lot of confusion from liberals when it comes to determining how and why conservatives do what they do. Just like wanting secure borders, and libs interpret that as "they're racist". SMH But we all know that they really don't interpret it that way, they just want to project that to the masses. It's actually a disinformation campaign, and they are absolutely masters at it. That's what's so ironic about them creating this so-called disinformation governing body. Oh......they will definitely be peddling the disinformation, while continuing to completely reject, discredit, and completely ban the actual truth in every matter.

That's also the whole point with transgenders and the rest of the alphabet community. Conservatives could really care less what these people do or how they dress, but when the government is force-feeding that to everyone as "normal" instead of mental illness as everyone knows that it is, and legislating special rights in the process.......that's a problem. It's not the people themselves and it's not even what they're doing or identifying as. It's just making sure that with all this disinformation crap.......that at least that the government can't or doesn't suppress the actual truth. That's the bottom line, regardless what the hot button issue is. We aren't North Korea......our government shouldn't be pandering disinformation and propaganda to begin with. But they definitely shouldn't be getting away with stifling the truth at the same time. That's all that needs to be said.

You could have saved yourself a little time and just said you have the hots for the disinformation minister 😉. I honestly can’t fathom any other reason you’d give her so much attention on a thread that has nothing to do with her. It must have been a huge disappointment to find out she’s a biological woman.

Last edited:

bsnedeker

WKR

@5MilesBack, it’s ok buddy. Just remember that you are accepted. No matter who you secretly love.
Do you have children in middle school to high school age? Do you have any idea what is happening to these kids because of this transgender "movement"?

I'm going to guess the answer to both of those questions would be no. If it was yes you wouldn't be suprised by the response that people have to this nonsense.

I live in a small town. My daughter is in 10th grade and at least 10 of her friends claim they are "transgender". This garbage is going real harm to children at the time they are most vulnerable.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I honestly can’t fathom any other reason you’d give her so much attention on a thread that has nothing to do with her.
So much attention???? I made one comment, and then you jumped in and my attention changed to focus on your questions. Just another "deflection", when you could have just answered my original question with a yes or no, or left it as a rhetorical and not responded at all.

Do you have children in middle school to high school age? Do you have any idea what is happening to these kids because of this transgender "movement"?

I'm going to guess the answer to both of those questions would be no. If it was yes you wouldn't be suprised by the response that people have to this nonsense.

I live in a small town. My daughter is in 10th grade and at least 10 of her friends claim they are "transgender". This garbage is going real harm to children at the time they are most vulnerable.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
Seeing this here as well. Pretty scary stuff.

I do. They aren’t scared of the big bad people that are differenter. 😱
So much attention???? I made one comment, and then you jumped in and my attention changed to focus on your questions.
And yet, you continue to respond. You don’t need to prove how heterosexual you are. I believe you. 🤔 You never actually answered the question. What difference does the persons gender make with regard to the disinformation governance board of DHS?

Both/either of you get the last word if you’d like. It’s evidently more important to you than it is to me.

Last edited: