What gear are you looking to buy before this fall?

Maidenfan539

Lil-Rokslider
Need a new pair of boots (kenetrek mtn ext insulated I'm thinking depending on fit and feel) and food. Praying for cold and snow for the ID deer tag I have in November.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I want to stop buying gear. I don't need anything. But, not having time to actually get out I end up spending money instead. It is problematic all around. At this point, gear has nothing to do with improvement and a lot to do with being a nerd. Well, I do still need a solid tripod as I'm not taking my wifes 5 pound tripod out in the mountains and her travel tripod is on the not stout enough side (but does work). Funny think is I bought a damn new pack instead of a tripod, so now I have 3 packs.

IDLassie

FNG
A new body. Anyone have a spare 30 year old body laying around?
Not needing anything other than healing up and getting some kind of shape other than wore out.

Geewhiz

WKR
For some reason I want a floorless pyramid tent. Which is weird b/c I think I already have 6 shelters.

The only thing I NEED is a 30 cal suppressor but that ain't happening by this fall.

mcfd45

FNG
I have a bear hunt I September. First one.

Bait and attractants.
Buckets
Orange hat
Hotel for week stay
Thermocell (mine broke during turkey hunt this may)
Two cellular trail cams and bear cages for them.

I was looking at the in-reach last year before the hunt, however with the iPhone 14's satellite SOS capabilities I decided to upgrade my phone and call that good enough. Can call (well, text) for help if/when I break a leg in the middle of no-where.

Nwihunter

FNG
- Platypus water filtration system. Took my old sawyer filter with me without trying it before my trip last year. It was almost completely plugged. Good thing I was with a buddy and he had a new system.

- Puffy pants. Got a good deal on a puffy jacket from a guy on this site. Just need to find some pants now.

- Some dehydrated meals and I should be good for this season.

rojocop

FNG
It's time to retire my old knife and get a new one for the field dressing and processing game.

Fitzwho

WKR
Already bought a Seek Outside Courthouse and another Montana Knife Company in magnacut. Only other thing I can think to get is to load up on some meals. Thinking of trying out a few different ones, i.e. Gastrognome, etc.

Maybe the new Swaro Compact spotter. Pretty much good on everything else. As others have said I need to get rid of more stuff instead of acquiring new Items.

Wife wants me to get an inreach the last few years do I’ll pry get one or a zoleo. I need to stop talking about buying new binos and do it likely NLs

Aklongbow

FNG
Helinox lite cot , just ordered one and it came in yesterday........ to many busted up bones and injuries from motocross/extreme sports lol
Last weekend I did a short float/bear hunt and slept maybe a total of 1.5 hours ...... I can't take it anymore , I need something in order to rest . It's seems very comfortable and feels like a good investment ! I will find out soon .
Going to look for some Simms G3 waders tomorrow..... tired of buying cheap/ not so cheap waders and them not holding up .Also need a good wader boot with ankle support.
Almost 16years ago I exploded my ankle riding motocross, 8hrs of surgery, bone graphs , 2 plates and 11 screws .... boot waders isnt working to well anymore ha!ha
And at some point soon I'm hoping to pick up a new Pr-49hd raft for float hunts .

Last edited:

TheHammer

WKR
I make lists everyday. Regardless of which facet of life it pertains to. Allows for mental clarity and then I get to cross things off through out my day for that little dopamine hit. As for gear, I just keep buying it. If something seems better than I have and the impulse strikes, I buy it. Yesterday I had a nice box from argali show up! Last week was kenetreks w/corrie 3.2s and a Phelps box… n to think this is the lesser expensive hobby.

I got the Inreach mini 2 on my list. Just picked up a pair of Leupold BX-4 binos and tripod adapter for them.