What gear are you looking to buy before this fall?

CB4

WKR
Right now just needing to see what I need for food and start organizing that. No gear really needed but might try upgrading binos and selling my puffy for a different one.

Every year I find myself making a list of gear I want or need for the upcoming season. Thought it would be interesting to see if anyone else does the same and what they want / need for the upcoming year.

Three things on my list I want
1.) RRS Anvil 30 or Revic Tripod
2.) KUIU Rain gear
3.) Exo Mountain Gear pack
In preparation for this fall, I recently bought a Stone Glacier Sky Talus 6900 with all the trimmings for it.
I built out a Hill Prople Gear Recon Kit Bag as a dedicated hunting chest rig…with bino pouch.
I also plan to use clothing from SG, Kuiu, and Zamberlan.
This will also be the first year I’ll carry a 6.8 Western X-bolt w/McMillan stock I just finished setting up (but still need to zero).

Jermh

Lil-Rokslider
Bow is getting to needing strings. I think I'll change up tents also. I'm currently thinking of getting an X-Mid 1p to upgrade from my half dome I've been using just to cut some weight.

@DigEmUpPro1 - If you hunted the entire season last year, and didn’t have something, do you really need it this year?
What if didn't hunt the same way you're planning to hunt this season?

What if you're expecting different weather?

What if you encountered issues because of some gear you didn't have?

What if you had a gear failure?

What if some stuff is nearing end of life and a failure would be bad?

SonnyDay

WKR
Tipi with Stove! (already purchased).

Last year 4th rifle was below zero and windy pretty much the whole time. The 3-person mountaineering tent got old quick.

Of course, this year I drew 1st rifle and it'll probably be 90 degrees and smokey...

Well, other than food i hope i dont decide i need anything else.
New gun i have been looking for- bought used here on Rokslide.
Scope for said gun- used here on Rokslide
4 new boxes of ammo
Garmin inreach mini 2- used ebay. Good deal at 320 shipped.
Bought another pair of Kutana's - used here on Rokslide.
Only thnig i really needed was the inreach as i passed my old one off to a family member.

NV6PK

FNG
Every year I find myself making a list of gear I want or need for the upcoming season. Thought it would be interesting to see if anyone else does the same and what they want / need for the upcoming year.

Three things on my list I want
1.) RRS Anvil 30 or Revic Tripod
2.) KUIU Rain gear
3.) Exo Mountain Gear pack
More Guns!

OK some of this I have.

New boots. Old Salomons finally gave up the ghost. Picked up a pair of Crispi Altitudes
Technically bought a new rifle for this hunt although I have had it over a year. 1st rifle hunt in many years.
Seekins PH3 in 300 win mag.

I'd like some new binoculars but not really in the budget. Brother picked up a new spotter and Tripod since this hunt is above timberline early season deer. Have not needed it. I was thinking a pair of 15x binoculars to supplement.

Really that is it. All the other gear is tried and true and ready to go.

wmr89

Lil-Rokslider
I would love to get a chronograph before the season but other than that I think I am pretty set for the upcoming year.

Danomite

Lil-Rokslider
After freezing in an old 0 degree down bag on an early May truck camping trip, I ordered a Kifaru 0 degree bag and replaced my truck camping pad. I may have also gotten a Kifaru 44 mag. My son is almost 8 and is very interested in hunting, fishing, camping, etc. so gear for him has taken the forefront of priorities lately. It’s more fun to get new gear for him and give him positive outdoor experiences than anything I do all year.

New boots. Mine are about 16 years old. Davis wall tent, more arrows, broadheads. An enclosed trailer to store and haul my gear would be nice. I would use the trailer for a lot of other things as well. I don’t buy camo anymore. I buy solid colors so I can wear them year round. My boy hunts now as well so I need to start getting him more gear. Started with some youth Kuiu for his antelope hunt last year. Probably a decent pack. He has boots but dang kids grow too fast! My middle daughter isn’t far behind him.

intunegp

WKR
I've been toying with the idea of new binos. The ones I have are ~20 year old Redhead brand 10x42s and are all I carry for glassing. One of those things that has never been on the top of my list to upgrade but always in the back of my mind. Can't decide if it would be money well spent or if I'm just telling myself I'll spot more animals with better quality glass. Other problem is I keep talking myself into higher price brackets, but damn those Swaro EL Range looks nice. Maybe I'll start with a tripod and adapter first. It never ends...