What caused the Rokslide shift to smallest caliber and cartridges?

FAAFO

Lil-Rokslider
What do you mean no? Granted, there is probably more that 14 guys on here that hunt with an m1 garand. I was just making a point that there is very few.
Almost all my clients show up with guns with clips. Almost all my rifles have clips also, 22-250 up to 338. Very uncommon in my experience to see rifles without such in the last 10 years.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Almost all my clients show up with guns with clips. Almost all my rifles have clips also, 22-250 up to 338. Very uncommon in my experience to see rifles without such in the last 10 years.
Most people know what you mean when you say "clip" but it's still incorrect firearm terminology, derived mainly from Hollywood I would imagine. "Magazine" is what you're after.

FAAFO

Lil-Rokslider
Most people know what you mean when you say "clip" but it's still incorrect firearm terminology, derived mainly from Hollywood I would imagine. "Magazine" is what you're after.
Same same. And no it would be “detachable magazine”

And the m1 has the same as above, the term detachable magazine was not used yet and who would ever say “hand me another detachable magazine” 😂

Keep reaching…😂

LimeSpoon

FNG

And the m1 has the same as above, the term detachable magazine was not used yet and who would ever say “hand me another detachable magazine” 😂

Keep reaching…😂
The M1 Garand does not use a detachable magazine, at least not according to the conventional view. It has an internal fixed magazine fed by en bloc clips.

At the time of the Garand's introduction the 1911, BAR, and Thompson SMG had all come into existence already, with the M1 Carbine following shortly thereafter. I doubt that "magazine" was not considered a proper and common term used to refer to the metal box holding the ammunition in those guns.

You can argue this is all pedantic, but in my experience, I have met a grand total of zero (0) people calling magazines "clips" who had any overabundance of firearm knowledge. It seems perhaps they are more inclined to make obnoxious comments on internet forums instead.

Big_wals

WKR

Keep reaching…😂
No, they are not the same.
You can argue this is all pedantic, but in my experience, I have met a grand total of zero (0) people calling magazines "clips" who had any overabundance of firearm knowledge. It seems perhaps they are more inclined to make obnoxious comments on internet forums instead.
Lol, yes, I was being pedantic, but it was in response to @TaperPin calling a magazine a clip. Mostly because he also comes across as pedantic sometimes. No offense meant, all in good fun.

LimeSpoon

FNG
No, they are not the same.

Lol, yes, I was being pedantic, but it was in response to @TaperPin calling a magazine a clip. Mostly because he also comes across as pedantic sometimes. No offense meant, all in good fun.
No worries, that wasn't directed at you. I was getting annoyed at someone else's nonconstructive one-sentence posts and their refusal to elaborate and just decided to throw out a little bit of a rant there.

In response to some of TaperPin's comments, I'd bring up some of the pictures of wound channels in elk from the .223 thread and ask what exactly about them is insufficient for killing an elk in one shot, and whether a second shot would seriously be needed as anything other than insurance & good measure, but frankly I am a bit too tired for all that and I am sure you guys have all already rehashed it a hundred times over. I think it does also say something about .223 that a second followup shot can be placed so easily in the vitals with a bolt gun at all.

Big_wals

WKR
No worries, that wasn't directed at you. I was getting annoyed at someone else's nonconstructive one-sentence posts and their refusal to elaborate and just decided to throw out a little bit of a rant there.

In response to some of TaperPin's comments, I'd bring up some of the pictures of wound channels in elk from the .223 thread and ask what exactly about them is insufficient for killing an elk in one shot, and whether a second shot would seriously be needed as anything other than insurance & good measure, but frankly I am a bit too tired for all that and I am sure you guys have all already rehashed it a hundred times over. I think it does also say something about .223 that a second followup shot can be placed so easily in the vitals with a bolt gun at all.
Yeah, I haven’t hunted for as long or killed as many animals as some guys, maybe a lot of guys. But in my humble opinion and experience, anyone who thinks their shot placement and cartridge selection means zero follow up shots on elk, maybe hasnt shot very many elk.

I shot a spike elk several years ago, first shot was around 240 yards. Followed it for a ways, it was bedded. Shot it again, it jumped up and took off. Tracked it again. Same thing happened. 3/4 mile later, I caught up to it for the third time and shot it in the head. Two shots thru the lungs, one liver hit. 165 SSTs from a 30/06, all three pencilled through and did very little damage. Who knows why, maybe just a bad lot of bullets? Weird stuff happens sometimes when youre shooting live animals.

TaperPin

WKR
Cheese and rice - you guys have a complete failure to communicate unless I call it a magazine?! Lord help us all. Lol

Where I grew up we used clip and magazine interchangeably - sorry if you guys were clueless what I was talking about.

TaperPin

WKR
TIL FAAFO, who does a fair amount of trolling here and pretending to be an expert, doesn’t know the difference between a magazine and a clip.
I simply point out the obvious holes in much of the bla bla bla bs in the echo chamber from time to time. Don’t worry, I have no delusion that anything I say will in any way change the way you see the the world. I say it for the young guys trying to make sense out of it so all they hear isn’t so one sided.

atmat

WKR
I simply point out the obvious holes in much of the bla bla bla bs in the echo chamber from time to time. Don’t worry, I have no delusion that anything I say will in any way change the way you see the the world. I say it for the young guys trying to make sense out of it so all they hear isn’t so one sided.
I didn’t even mention or reply to you. I was talking to/at the person I included in my comment.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I like how this “echo chamber” term keeps being tossed around like it’s something negative. Even seen it from mods on this site as to perpetuate that going out and trying things for ourselves, and then reporting on those things, and encouraging others to try those things, brings a negative connotation to the site in general. That’s backwards thinking.

This is a go use your equipment and talk about it forum. If the people who go out and do that are finding the same results and reporting, that’s not an “echo chamber”. That’s just folks learning and being more efficient hunters and killers. Ya know, just one of the main points of joining this site.

Nomosendero

Lil-Rokslider
I like how this “echo chamber” term keeps being tossed around like it’s something negative. Even seen it from mods on this site as to perpetuate that going out and trying things for ourselves, and then reporting on those things, and encouraging others to try those things, brings a negative connotation to the site in general. That’s backwards thinking.

This is a go use your equipment and talk about it forum. If the people who go out and do that are finding the same results and reporting, that’s not an “echo chamber”. That’s just folks learning and being more efficient hunters and killers. Ya know, just one of the main points of joining this site.
I thought this is the purpose of forums like this, to post results so we can all learn something!
Opinions don't matter to me much if at all!