UM TIKKA Scope Rings

RussDXT

WKR
Looking at getting these on order. I would be replacing a 419 rail. The reason I went with it in the first place was due to the casings not being able to eject when I was using standard height sportmatch.

All that being said any recommendations on height?

This is on a 300 wsm with a swfa 5-20 scope.

TheViking

WKR
Looking at getting these on order. I would be replacing a 419 rail. The reason I went with it in the first place was due to the casings not being able to eject when I was using standard height sportmatch.

Magnification level is not pertinent when it comes to scope height, it's 100% based on objective diameter (i.e. 50mm, 42mm, etc). They have a chart on their website that gives all these details.

atmat

WKR
Magnification level is not pertinent when it comes to scope height, it's 100% based on objective diameter (i.e. 50mm, 42mm, etc). They have a chart on their website that gives all these details.
I don’t think he was implying magnification alone dictates fit. He was saying which scope model he has. A scope model with two different magnification ranges often have different measurements. The 3-15x50 and 5.5-22x50 NXS’s have differing lengths, despite both being 50mm NXS.

amassi

WKR

The mediums

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Just an FYI

The preorder deal ends tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
44eaf65fedac1cac3d7a9565dd30b065.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JCMCUBIC

WKR

I'm guessing your question has less to do with height needed for the objective than it has to do with clearance of the windage turret for ejected brass/rounds. What works for a capped or low profile windage turret may not work with an SWFA windage turret.....and even the cartridge used can make a difference.

I ordered lows and was planning to use a SWFA 3-9x42. I didn't consider angle of ejection when I made that order...if there's a problem, I'll play musical scopes and a S&B Klassic with capped windage will end up on it.