TRT Anyone?

I was told that age doesn't have anything do with it as everybody is different and levels below 300 the insurance will approve it depending on provider

Bc/BS didn’t cover mine.

I am off of it now from the super high RBC, Hematocrit levels and BP. Took me from 168 to 400. Urologist wanted about 700-750. When my BP went from normal 110/70 to 210/154 I was told to stop immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Idaho4x4Bronco
Mine was over 300 and the insurance didn't cover anything. That being said, it's very affordable IMO. The blood tests can be a bit pricey though.

I'm a firm believer age doesn't have anything to do with it whatsoever as well.

It costs me around $100/month I believe, I'd have to go look. Most of that is the service itself, the prescription is very cheap.

big44a4

WKR
How old are you guys @ArrowHunt @big44a4?

Is everyone issuance covering trt? Sorry it’s probably been addressed here before.

Insurance didn’t cover it for me. It’s around $100 a month for me as well.

I’m 32 now. Like I said for me it was all about energy. Improved my quality of life. One factor for me being low had to be driving 20-30 hours a week for work between all my job sites. Some days I’m in the truck 7+ hours.

As mentioned I’ve been lifting since before playing college football and stayed with it since. So exercise and diet was not a big factor if at all. I’m 210# at 5’10” and wear 32” waist jeans. Recently started running since I did a 28 mile trail run recently and that has also boosted my levels both total/free.

The_Jim

Lil-Rokslider
I had suspected I have Low T for about a year now(I'm 39) Finally got tested. Total 603 but my free is 6.3. I was a little disappointed as I really try to take good care of myself.

I went with a telehealth company so I wouldn't have to drive to 100 miles to Omaha for appointments and they pushed TRT pretty hard, I told them I would like to try other options and they suggested enclomihpene citrate.

Have any of you guys had luck fixing your T levels without TRT or successfully getting off it once you start?

*zap*

WKR
^ you might research methods to get your free t # up.
sleep 8hrs?
excess body fat?
vitamin d3?
Boron?
cut carbs?...I hear many people on carnivore say the t goes up.
lift heavy things? hiit? ruck? aerobic capacity training?

603 is not really very low by todays standards.

good luck. I am 67 and trying to avoid getting supplemental t.

The_Jim

Lil-Rokslider
^ you might research methods to get your free t # up.
sleep 8hrs?
excess body fat?
vitamin d3?
Boron?
cut carbs?...I hear many people on carnivore say the t goes up.
lift heavy things? hiit? ruck? aerobic capacity training?

603 is not really very low by todays standards.

good luck. I am 67 and trying to avoid getting supplemental t.
I'm a pretty fit active guy. We also have 4 kids 10 and under so sleep has been garbage for 10 years. I honestly don't think I have slept a full night without getting up once since we had our first...and Testosterone aids sleep, which increases T levels. The doctor I talked to made it sound like its kind of a vicious cycle, you need one for the other...

*zap*

WKR
I do not think it is sleeping undisturbed for 8 hours but getting 8 hrs or more and a few undisturbed 4-5 hr periods. I wake up 2-3 times. But I get good rem sleep, I believe. ymmv.

OP
Idaho4x4Bronco
I had suspected I have Low T for about a year now(I'm 39) Finally got tested. Total 603 but my free is 6.3. I was a little disappointed as I really try to take good care of myself.

I went with a telehealth company so I wouldn't have to drive to 100 miles to Omaha for appointments and they pushed TRT pretty hard, I told them I would like to try other options and they suggested enclomihpene citrate.

Have any of you guys had luck fixing your T levels without TRT or successfully getting off it once you start?
From my experience, most TRT clinics prefer to start with clomid as it is known to raise test levels, and it's much easier to stick to that routine. It's also dirt cheap. My clinic did as well, I chose to opt against it and go straight to injections but that was a personal preference.

I finally called up Matrix and they pushed the HCG + Enclomiphene route. Test went way up but so did Estrogen. Energy was good but I started packing on pounds despite cleaning up my diet a bit. I also started seeing some vision issues that supposedly Enclomiphene avoids. Chlomid was known to cause permanent vision issues but Enclomiphene was supposedly safer.

I'm waiting for my levels to stabilize again and will maybe try daily/semi-daily T.

big44a4

WKR
Do any of you do daily injections? How do you backpack hunt with this? The vial says to keep it about 58deg.

I do 3X a week. I’ll take my stuff or leave it at the truck and go without it until I make it back to truck. No issues either way. I keep my TRT at room temperature only clomid needs to be refrigerated. I don’t take clomid.

I finally called up Matrix and they pushed the HCG + Enclomiphene route. Test went way up but so did Estrogen. Energy was good but I started packing on pounds despite cleaning up my diet a bit. I also started seeing some vision issues that supposedly Enclomiphene avoids. Chlomid was known to cause permanent vision issues but Enclomiphene was supposedly safer.

I'm waiting for my levels to stabilize again and will maybe try daily/semi-daily T.

That’s the exact prescription they put me on my numbers have gone way up estrogen has also gone up but I believe it’s expected to go up a bit the dr didn’t seem concerned at all. I have gained weight I’d say it’s mostly muscle and seem to have slimed down around the waist some. To be fair the weight gain maybe because my diet has gone down the tank for the last month compared to what I usually eat.

I'm 39 and this thread got me thinking about TRT. I know I don't have the same levels as I did 6 years ago. I don't feel like i'm having any issues, but then I talked with a friend of mine about it and shockingly he's been on it for awhile and he's roughly same age as me.

I went to the Dr. to get some overall health test a couple days ago, so I'm awaiting my T-level results. I'll probably get on some other all-natural/herbal stuff just because I'm jumping hard into lifting again. I'm mostly curious what my levels are and i'll have something to compare to in 5 years

@swavescatter @Miflatlander91

What was the dosage you guys were prescribed and how much weight did you guys gain?

Did your vision issues clear up?

Enclomiphene Citrate Capsule 50mg
HCG Support & Maintenance Plan* HCG Kit 12,000 iu
4x weekly I also take boron and d3 daily. The scale says I’ve gained 10-15 pounds since January with a lot of cardio involved. I look slimmer and have gone up a shirt size though.
I started with 25mg of enclomiphene and while my levels raised my free stayed very low so it was bummed up to where I am now.
I haven’t had vision issues

The_Jim

Lil-Rokslider
Enclomiphene Citrate Capsule 50mg
HCG Support & Maintenance Plan* HCG Kit 12,000 iu
4x weekly I also take boron and d3 daily. The scale says I’ve gained 10-15 pounds since January with a lot of cardio involved. I look slimmer and have gone up a shirt size though.
I started with 25mg of enclomiphene and while my levels raised my free stayed very low so it was bummed up to where I am now.
I haven’t had vision issues

That’s double what I was prescribed! I haven’t actually taken it yet, it might be an expensive mistake if I decide not take it. Impressive if you built muscle doing cardio!

My free t was the main problem so that’s disappointing your free t didn’t increase.

I have this feeling I can fix this with sleep, reduced stress (they could tell my stress levels were high with the blood work…), and nutrition. I haven’t actually been able to get myself to take the enclomiphene yet…

Vision is getting better but I stopped before it got permanent. Real bad floaters and trouble switching focus fast but I’m good now.

RX was the same for me. Seems like a new protocol that they just slap into everyone. I gained about 5 lbs and my estrogen went into the red. Moobs and I started drinking pumpkin spice lattes.

It’s also about 2-3x the cost of T, and is likely not a long term solution from what I researched after the fact. End result will be induced hypogonadism with HCG/Enclomiphene or T. Also the HCG has to be refrigerated so a bit of a PITA.

YMMV but I’d avoid potential eye issues and just start slowly with pure T frequently in smaller doses to dial in. hopefully you’ll avoid needing AI meds that way.

My free was low like 7? When I say it didn’t go up I mean it didn’t go up as fast as they wanted. The free has gone up quite a bit now I forget what the number was on my last visit unfortunately. I have been happy with the results

I should also add that I experimented with the Weider Prime supplements from Costco. Compared to my baseline numbers both my free and total T improved by 30% ish. Surprising. I also cycled through some Fadogia and ashwaganda, as well as tongkat. This seems to have kept my levels up a bit, but not quite as high as I would have liked (compared to energy levels on HCG/Enclo).

I’m going to wait a few months and check levels again before making any long term decisions.

For those on the fence, I recommend getting your baseline numbers now and then trying out supplements. I was surprised how the effect was measurable.

I should also add that I experimented with the Weider Prime supplements from Costco. Compared to my baseline numbers both my free and total T improved by 30% ish. Surprising. I also cycled through some Fadogia and ashwaganda, as well as tongkat. This seems to have kept my levels up a bit, but not quite as high as I would have liked (compared to energy levels on HCG/Enclo).

I’m going to wait a few months and check levels again before making any long term decisions.

For those on the fence, I recommend getting your baseline numbers now and then trying out supplements. I was surprised how the effect was measurable.

Expound more on the Fadogia, ashwaganda, and Tongkat. What were your numbers before and after using. Were you just taking them blindly through google search on a specific regime on a Dr. or qualified herbalist?