Tikka T3 Super Lite 7mm Rem Mag Mountain Rifle

Shrek

WKR
Here ya go Avery! Haha.

muru5avu.jpg

Damn ! That's like 3 layers of clothes , puffy , P pad , and a brake all for a 7mm rem mag !

littlebuf

Banned
Damn ! That's like 3 layers of clothes , puffy , P pad , and a brake all for a 7mm rem mag !

We were having some fun too at Brocks expense. I told him that's almost as bad as staying in a hotel on your big super awesome backpack hunting trip.....almost.

Shrek

WKR
We were having some fun too at Brocks expense. I told him that's almost as bad as staying in a hotel on your big super awesome backpack hunting trip.....almost.

Yeah Littlebuf , it was funny. Won't happen twice but you'll still be an a** this year and every year !

norsepeak

Lil-Rokslider
Love my T-3 lite in 7mm. Got a great load worked up for it, it's under MOA all day long....gonna stretch her legs a little in the next couple of weeks at my 1200 yard range. Great gun.

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Love my T-3 lite in 7mm. Got a great load worked up for it, it's under MOA all day long....gonna stretch her legs a little in the next couple of weeks at my 1200 yard range. Great gun.

What scope do you have on it?

norsepeak

Lil-Rokslider
I put the Leupold CDS on it when they first came out. Great scope/gun combo, couldn't be happier. That rifle has nailed two mtn. goats, one bighorn sheep, one dall's sheep, one moose and one caribou so far, so can't see changing anything for me...good luck.

@Brock A...Was the muzzle break added to the end of the barrel, or was the barrel shortened prior to the brake being added? How long is the barrel now? Thanks.

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Brock A...Was the muzzle break added to the end of the barrel, or was the barrel shortened prior to the brake being added? How long is the barrel now? Thanks.

Added to the end of the barrel. I think its around 26" now.

Thanks, I am curious because I have a Super Lite in .300WM, but I had the barrel cut down. I'm now considering a brake. Last question, I promise... How long is your muzzle brake?

Last edited:
It was my first "lightweight" rifle. I was not planning on using it for long range shooting. Before I began hunting out west about 5 years ago, long range to me was 50 yards. I wanted it for more maneuverability in the woods of northern WI, and to save a little more weight. Granted the weight loss was negligible. At the time, I was used to shorter barreled rifles. Actually to me, it balances quite nicely and it has not effected accuracy that I have noticed. Again, the farthest I've fired it was 300 yards. I also assume the velocity is down slightly as well. I'm no gun expert, it just came down to preference and my knowledge base at the time I guess?

littlebuf

Banned
I see. Well at least you have a great action for a Re barrel if you want to build a LR rifle