Tikka prefit barrel help

OP
lintond

lintond

WKR
I just bought one from Oregon Mountain Rifles. Haven't got it installed yet, but came within the 3 week lead time on the website.

3 weeks is like jimmy johns freaky fast I’m at 8 months & counting on my Carbon6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wesfromky

WKR
Wanted to bump this thread with a related question - I am thinking about a 16" 6cm for my CTR, but like the current barrel profile. Are the same brands mentioned here worth looking at? And, what profile is a CTR? mediumish?

Wanted to bump this thread with a related question - I am thinking about a 16" 6cm for my CTR, but like the current barrel profile. Are the same brands mentioned here worth looking at? And, what profile is a CTR? mediumish?

That's a good question man. I can't find CTR contour dimensions anywhere. Lite dimensions are pretty easy to find, D18 and CTR not so much. Kind of sad because they seem to be more weight efficient than typical aftermarket contours. Most are pretty heavy on the breech end with longer shanks and less immediate taper but then have a faster taper for the rest of the barrel leaving people with heavier barrels and smaller muzzle diameters.

IIRC medium palma was about the closest standard contour available to the CTR but I also assume it'd be a little heavier on the breech end.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If you provide the dimensions some will do a custom contour if you really want it to match.