Thoughts on 2013 Spyder Turbo vs G3 Element

Solitude

WKR
Currently shooting a 2009 AM32 @ 28" draw (probably 0.5" too long)

Looking to pick up a 2013 Spyder Turbo or Element G3 for primarily elk hunting and occasional blacktail/mule deer/speed goats.

Curious on your guys thoughts on which bow (Element vs Spyder Turbo) and why?

I have a couple thoughts, but wanted to get your read.

Not looking for a 2014 as I believe the 2013 technology is sufficient for me and need to save a few $$$$.

Thanks for your input.

OR Archer

WKR
Of the two you have listed Id pick the Turbo. Its what I personally shoot and its probably the most accurate bow I've put in my hands. Now that being said I would encourage you to take a look at the new 2014 Factor Turbo. I had a chance to put some arrows through it the other day when our rep was by. Fantastic bow!! Super smooth on the shot. The new Z5 cam is a real nice improvement.

OP
Solitude

Solitude

WKR
Curious why you think it's more accurate?

Longer ATA combined with IBO vs the Element? I do appreciate your opinion as I am looking for them. :)

Really not trying to push this one direction or another. Just get some constructive input.

I am thinking a couple if inches in ATA would help in accuracy, speed does not hurt (pin gap), so long as the bow is properly tuned.

The Element is definitely proven IMO and the CS is simply to much $$$ for me.

The "warm" feeling a carbon bow has to the touch is not an issue in the climates I hunt. In addition, I am primarily a spot and stock hunter vs tree stand and blind.

Any additional input/thoughts you guys have would be appreciated.

OR Archer

WKR
I shot the G3 just fine. I like the balance of a slightly heavier bow. The extra two inches A2A I think is pretty negligible at my draw length. You would benefit if you are 29+ in draw length however.

Now one thing I didn't care for on the G3 is the speed nocks toward the upper cam. I had customers with longer draw lengths run into issues with peep height and the upper speed nocks not allowing for correct peep height without removing them.

DeepMauka

Lil-Rokslider
Of the two you have listed Id pick the Turbo. Its what I personally shoot and its probably the most accurate bow I've put in my hands. Now that being said I would encourage you to take a look at the new 2014 Factor Turbo. I had a chance to put some arrows through it the other day when our rep was by. Fantastic bow!! Super smooth on the shot. The new Z5 cam is a real nice improvement.

You like the factor turbo over the carbon spyder turbo?

OR Archer

WKR
Haven't spent enough time with them yet to say I like one better than the other. Both of them are great bows.

ontarget7

WKR
IMO, accuracy comes with fit to the individual and the overall tune of the bow. I feel both can be just as accurate but would give the edge to the Carbon Turbo for a stiffer riser design and I like that 3.8#-3.9# weight range on the carbons, that combo with the 33" ATA is the reason I ordered one. Then the extra speed is just a bonus

I have a lightly used Carbon Element g3 I'd like to sell. 30" draw, 70 llb limbs. Adjustable to 28" draw with different modules. It would be a bare bow with b-stinger stabilizer. Asking $900.