Christiansen Arms VS Tikka VS Savage

Macintosh

WKR
How do you gamble and lose when a company offers an accuracy guarantee?
You chase your tail trying to make it work, spending too much time, energy and money on ammo and shipping, and never wind up quite meeting your expectation. It’s possible with anything, but having been there/done that it’s worth avoiding when you can.

You chase your tail trying to make it work, spending too much time, energy and money on ammo and shipping, and never wind up quite meeting your expectation. It’s possible with anything, but having been there/done that it’s worth avoiding when you can.
My BIL bought a mesa - one range trip with hornady match and we couldn’t get it sub moa. Called CA, they paid for shipping, tested and rebarreled it, it came back shooting regular sub .5 moa groups with hornady match. Was it annoying? Sure, but it was nothing like you describe above. A lot of that sounds like you made the process worse than it needed to be.

Macintosh

WKR
Thats how its supposed to work, and I’m genuinely glad to hear it worked well for you. Unfortunately it doesnt always go that way, and often it’s just the luck of the draw on which cs or repair tech you get, if they happen to have a part or gun in stock, etc rather than “making it” anything at all. Ive never owned the brand in question, my comment is in general—if any company has consistently mixed reviews of both quality and service, I stay away when I have other good options. I’ve heard enough people say their christensen had to go back multiple times that it seems that happens at least more-so than with some other brands, so I have chosen to take my chances elsewhere. Beretta who services tikka also has a lot of people who speak ill about their service, I just rarely hear of people having to use it. Not that it doesn't happen, it’s just my own math when it comes to buying a rifle. My “been there/done that” experience is not with any if these brands and was simply because that company offers a great warranty on bad product, and that isnt what Im after.

jpmulk

WKR
Exactly

Have 6 Christensens, all shoot as advertised or better. Have a few Tikkas....all but a 270 Superlite shoots as advertised. At this point I view the Christensen as the better value but that was after the move to FFT stocks.

SwiftShot

WKR
My nephew doesn't bs. He has all prc calibers, took a flyer on Christensen, he talked me out of it, I went with franchi for my sheep hunt.
?? I dont know what that even means.
If it is your bad experience that is valid. If it someone elses, well that leaves a bunch to the imagination.

Have had all 3...

3 or 4 savages... They shoot, but are ugly and cheap feeling. Don't have any anymore but are accurate guns.

Tikkas are awesome - we have 3 in our house and all are accurate, reliable, and great guns. Would not trade any of them.

Have 1 CA - Ridgeline FFT in 7PRC. Love the rifle, been very accurate, lightweight, and handy. I like the shorter LOP. Action is acceptable... Better then savage, not as smooth as a Tikka. Have 50-60 rounds downlange and been sub MOA.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

How do you gamble and lose when a company offers an accuracy guarantee?

Getting a rifle to shoot one lucky 3 shot sub MOA group gets most manufacturers off the hook. Say a manufacturer proofs with federal gmm ammo but you have zero interest in using a SMK for hunting and the bullets you want to use shoot like poo, that doesn't leave you in a good spot. I've had that happen where I sent 2 rifles back to a manufacturer with "the best guarantee in the biz" but it still didn't shoot the bullets I wanted to use well. The price for a new barrel and gunsmith fees was more palatable than wasting time and $ at the load bench and range on a 3rd rifle.

kc0yef

FNG
As someone who’s in the market for a new rifle for this year I wanted some input. I am a left handed shooter who’s grown up shooting left hand bolt guns. I know it may sound a little spoiled but it’s what I’ve had growing up.

I am in the market for a new bolt gun chambered in 300WSM for use with Mule Dear, Elk, Black Bears, Sheep and Goats. I have a Tikka T3 with the stainless barrel chambered in 243 that I whitetail and hog hunt with back East.

As most of you know, left handed bolt guns are easier to come by now than 10 years ago but are still pretty sparse.

I stumbled across the Christiansen Arms and the Savage Ultralight 110. From what I’ve seen and held in my hands, I am still a big fan of Tikka, Specifically the Superlight with a Stainless Barrel. I have looked into Christiansen Arms line and I’m not sure what I’m getting over my Tikka for $1000+ more money. My tikka shoots ~0.25-0.50 inch groups at 300 yards with factory ammo. I understand the benefit of a carbon barrel and weight savings.

The Savage seems cheap to me. The stock at least. The barrel is pretty sweet for shaving weight, but from what I’ve seen, in order to make the Savage on par with the Tikka and CA you’re looking at an additional $750+ on top of the rifle for an aftermarket stock.

If you’ve made it this far I appreciate it. If there are any owners of all three manufactured Rifles on here please post your feedback and let me know your thoughts. Any of these rifles I choose will be getting a muzzle break. Also worth noting I’m looking to shoot factory ammunition for now. I have never gotten into reloading or doing hand load stuff. If someone wanted to even post some advice on what supplies were needed so I can complete a cost analysis of whether the reloading would be worth my time in the long run, please feel free. I’m interested in it just don’t know where to start.
Savage 110 Ultralight hunter or BigHorn Zermatt action all the rest is fit, chassis glass, trigger... Budget? $1700-$3500