The toughest goodbye

George Hamrick

Lil-Rokslider
Not looking forward to going through that myself. Have a 3 year old and a 1 year old lab. Never understood the connection as I’d never had dogs before now, but they definitely become part of the family. Sorry for your loss.

blicero

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry to hear about the pooch. I have one who is nearing the end of his journey with us and it kills me. Trying to enjoy each day we have left.

Alaskan89

Lil-Rokslider
Btdt too many times and it never gets any easier, I've got a 10 yo husky and an 8 yo husky/lab mix and I'm enjoying my days with them, when it's their time I will feel that awful pain all over again but they are well worth it.

“The reward of having a good dog is a broken heart in the end”, truer words have never been spoken.

Condolences to you on the loss of your little buddy.

SirChooCH

Lil-Rokslider
I also just said goodbye to my buddy Moose this last Friday. Got him free at a hunting ranch in East Texas where I struck out on deer. Moved to Michigan with us and been through a lot. Its tough man, he was one of the good ones that leaves big shoes to fill as I am sure your dog did. Awful quiet in the house without him following you around, its an adjustment. I started balling eating a beef stick the other day because there wasn't a dog begging me to share for the first time in years. Hang in there. They are in a better place and healthily/happily doing their thing now.

IMG_0124.JPG

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
Every story of love ends in tragedy because death is part of life. Yes, a broken heart is part of it, but the reward for having a good dog is also several years of life that are lived better and once time helps with the pain smiling at good memories.

That said, it took me about a year for time to ease the pain enough for me to enjoy remembering my last dog. So, I extend my deepest sympathies. Judge my manhood as you will for this, but just thinking about it has tears running down my face.

IDBB96

FNG
Such a sad time. Moments like that are enough to make anybody shed a few tears.

There's a song called "Good Dogs" by Jameson Rodgers that will help with the coping.

MidwestElkHutner

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry for your loss!!! Man's best friend is not an exaggeration!!! I have had and lost many wonderful dogs over the years, and was devastated each and every time! No amount of time with them is enough. Even though 16 years was a good life, that doesn't take away the pain. Hopefully the loss will pass soon, and only the memories that bring a smile to your face remain!!

Mtnboy

WKR
Sorry man.

I'm about to lose a good dog of 14 years myself, he's got a few months left in him but time is short.

Tough stuff.