The toughest goodbye

Jimbuck

FNG
I'm sorry for your loss Brad. That's a beautiful quote. I had to put one of my hounds down in April and it's still tough not having him around. Hang in there man.

I'm sorry to read that.

I always find that time alone in the woods makes for the best reflection.

Elk97

WKR
When you get a pup it's a countdown to pain, so you gotta make everyday with them count.
Sorry for your loss, I'm sure Moose had a great life.

Not sure I believe in heaven, but if there is a heaven dogs go to the front of the line. I have suffered the loss of several amazing dogs and two awesome horses. Really hurts a lot. But as they say “don’t be sad it’s over just be glad it happened”. Easier said than done.

granite7

Lil-Rokslider
Oh man, sorry to hear that. If Moose was a golden, you were blessed with some extra time at 16 years. Here’s hoping the best memories are closest to mind for you.

I have had to say those goodbyes quiet a few times in my life. Some of the toughest days ever. I think the last one was the worst, with a 19 yr old going bye. I can honestly say I feel your pain and wish you better days.

wildcat33

WKR
Just went through the same thing. Ripped my heart out. RIP Moose. I feel your loss.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
You two had a good run together, be thankful for the years you had with him. I know only to well the hurt of losing a great friend like Moose. RIP

RR2012

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry for the loss of a good companion. Unfortunately will be in your shoes in the next couple months. It is hard to loose them. Keep ur chin up partner.

TheGDog

WKR
Feel your pain man. Last year had to put down my Brizzy girl. She developed tumors that were ulcerating. At 15yo. So it was just giving her as many new days as you could before you had to call it. Changing the bedding every day because of the bleeding. She lost about 30% body weight at the end there.

Still I smile super bright whenever I think of her because she was just that damn awesome of a dog.

Now we just have the little one. So I don't wanna go and get a new pup that would hassle her in her old age. So I figure wait until my little one passes, then I'll bring home the new one. Pretty sure I want a Jagd Terrier as the replacement.

The majority of my adult tears have been cried over the loss of one dog. I'm sorry to hear about your loss and understand the pain!