The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Rmauch20

WKR
This week is going to be wild,Lol. Coronavirus,markets dropping faster then a two dollar pistol, and now a oil price war between the Saudi’s and Moscow. Good times!

EastMT

WKR
I wonder if any Bernie Madoffs will turn up in the wash? With the steady growth for so long, surely someone tried it.

Clarktar

WKR
Apparently Saudis just struck a big patch.... My FIL works supply chain at Aramco.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Panic and fear.........panic and fear........that's what's driving the market now.

Even though I saw some similarities to 1999-2000 leading up to where we are and fully expected a pullback, I still didn't expect THIS pullback.

Clarktar

WKR
We have offered from a few lenders for refi on our mortgage, but I think I'm going to wait a while longer....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

RCB

WKR
I invest exclusively in stock index funds, which basically hold the entire stock market (something like 3000+ stocks). All the evidence I’ve seen is that even professional investors typically fail to beat the market in the long run, so my chance as an amateur is slim. Indexes are also usually cheaper, and by spreading the risk across thousands of companies you are less likely to lose a huge amount of money.
I also pretty much invest extra savings into the market whenever I can, so I have no extra money sitting around to “buy the dip” now. Already invested.

And now I just saw that the market opened 7% down. What fun.

Rmauch20

WKR
This morning has been awesome to watch. I just keep checking it and keep laughing. What are the odds of us hitting the second circuit breaker?

Trial153

WKR
There are already calls for fiscal policy, if that happens impulsively it maybe drop the bottom out

EastMT

WKR
2000-2003, 2007-2009, both about -50% DOW. 29,500 X .50=14,750. Who knows if it will get there or not? Depends on how much I he virus slows things. As companies earnings are hurt, I see more big down days in the future