The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

neb34

Lil-Rokslider
FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY KEEP THE POLITICAL CRAP OUT OF HERE!

can we all agree that this thread has been awesome, would be a shame if it was locked.

on a side note, I started dabbling in options (from some of the profits earlier) and the wells fargo calls have been really good to me today (up 120% and 98% on the other), FCEL, CYDVF, and OXBR were good for me today on the stocks...

Broomd

WKR
This thread ain't too bad. Wish it was based more on swing/long term plays vs day trading penny stocks and weird coins that get delisted from trading. Some folks do great with these types of trades but most are not gonna make a dime trading this way. To each their own. I suppose alot of it is about entertainment as much as it is about making a few bucks. I really do like the spac warrant plays for those with patience. Buy now, might not move for 6-12 months, but all of a sudden you have 200% gain with potential for much more.
Many of us here are long on value stocks, REITs, energy, etc.
The meme stuff sucks some oxygen, but all in all this place is pretty balanced.

Okhotnik

WKR
I just realized SM hit my sell today. Held on to it for six months and bought on lows again in Sept. 4000 shares for 34 per cent profit. Oil is over 50 now. Holding on the 9 other energy stocks. Like to get 35 to 40 per cent before cash out. I bought GUSH for the heck of it in May as a big gamble if it ever goes over a 1000 again. They have been really volatile the past 6 months and was tempting to dump them. Everyone remembers when oil was almost negative 30? The good old days lol

Think going to start moving some investments to overseas emerging markets. Wonder if a good deal of tech is getting played out.

CorbLand

WKR
Its been a second since I have posted in here. I started a new job in July and that has really cut down on my time to do research and learn more about markets. I have pretty much been following FredADavis advice on Stocktwits. If you new to this, I would suggest downloading the app and following him. I have only lost money on two of his calls, both my fault. He is pretty conservative with gains but I have made a good amount of money by following him.

Made 90% on OTC BEGI yesterday. That was a nice $270 payday.

EastMT

WKR
Its been a second since I have posted in here. I started a new job in July and that has really cut down on my time to do research and learn more about markets. I have pretty much been following FredADavis advice on Stocktwits. If you new to this, I would suggest downloading the app and following him. I have only lost money on two of his calls, both my fault. He is pretty conservative with gains but I have made a good amount of money by following him.

Made 90% on OTC BEGI yesterday. That was a nice $270 payday.

Dang it nice job! I closed my TD account so lost a lot of my OTC options. I loved BEGI on those dips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread ain't too bad. Wish it was based more on swing/long term plays vs day trading penny stocks and weird coins that get delisted from trading.
If long term plays are what you are looking for, there isn't a single stock in the last decade that even comes within several orders of magnitude of "weird coins". I've made 18X since my original investment in BTC 4 years ago and 9x since I went heavy again last March. You would have almost doubled if you bought when I recommended it a month ago. We will see 6 digits by year end and some are saying 150,000+.

Riots in DC, worldwide pandemic, a stimulus bill putting America another XX Trillion in debt on the horizon, increased regulations and taxes on businesses (stocks) in the near future, etc. Every day more and more banks are buying crypto by the millions and the list of companies accepting crypto is increasing because it eliminated the 3rd party required for an immediate transaction. Buffet is even officially heavy into crypto. I don't know what to say anymore if people aren't on board by now. The people and businesses are taking control of currency and its a beautiful thing. I've found that the easiest way to build wealth is by mimicking the world's wealthiest people - they all own crypto.

BTC, ETH, XLM, EWT, and XRP. The one month average on those coins is pushing 100% (except XRP which is coming).

None of them are securities, so they will not be delisted.

At the estimated growth rate, if you invested your stimulus last spring directly into BTC, you could be Stone Sheep hunting by 2022.

CorbLand

WKR
If long term plays are what you are looking for, there isn't a single stock in the last decade that even comes within several orders of magnitude of "weird coins". I've made 18X since my original investment in BTC 4 years ago and 9x since I went heavy again last March. You would have almost doubled if you bought when I recommended it a month ago. We will see 6 digits by year end and some are saying 150,000+.

Riots in DC, worldwide pandemic, a stimulus bill putting America another XX Trillion in debt on the horizon, increased regulations and taxes on businesses (stocks) in the near future, etc. Every day more and more banks are buying crypto by the millions and the list of companies accepting crypto is increasing because it eliminated the 3rd party required for an immediate transaction. Buffet is even officially heavy into crypto. I don't know what to say anymore if people aren't on board by now. The people and businesses are taking control of currency and its a beautiful thing. I've found that the easiest way to build wealth is by mimicking the world's wealthiest people - they all own crypto.

BTC, ETH, XLM, EWT, and XRP. The one month average on those coins is pushing 100% (except XRP which is coming).

At the estimated growth rate, if you invested your stimulus last spring directly into BTC, you could be Stone Sheep hunting by 2022.
So basically what your saying is, I should probably look at picking up some crypto? HAHAHA

NDGuy

WKR
Made some bank off of TWI, ..was waiting on that one to hit $5.80+
She'll probably run to $7 grin, but gotta remember to take some profits.

Kudos to Coop for that intel; TWI flies way below the radar and it often runs independent of market sentiment.

Apologies to Broom and everyone else. Think today has got everyone amped up, need to turn off the news and go for a run.

In other news, I could see some nice flips on Home Security system stocks like DGLY and companies like Ruger, S&W, and Vista outdoor early tomorrow.

EastMT

WKR
This thread ain't too bad. Wish it was based more on swing/long term plays vs day trading penny stocks and weird coins that get delisted from trading. Some folks do great with these types of trades but most are not gonna make a dime trading this way. To each their own. I suppose alot of it is about entertainment as much as it is about making a few bucks. I really do like the spac warrant plays for those with patience. Buy now, might not move for 6-12 months, but all of a sudden you have 200% gain with potential for much more.

If you want long swings, large caps, etc, download Discord App, Google Atlas Trading, sign up via the link, all free. They have ideas for swings, pennies, options, large caps, tons of SPAC’s lately

MR5X5

FNG
Not sure what to do with THBR. I'm up almost 20% and don't want to be greedy, but it would be nice to bank the cash.

Make your move in halves. You'll feel more comfortable having made a move in the direction you're thinking but will not have gone "all in" and risked being wrong. Wear that decision awhile then determine if you want to exercise the other half. You'll sleep better in the end with this approach!

Lou Sid

FNG

At the estimated growth rate, if you invested your stimulus last spring directly into BTC, you could be Stone Sheep
Bitcoin I'm a believer, but not the others, especially XRT is the one I was referring to. I really liked the explanation the other day about how the worlds biggest hotel (ABNB) owns zero real estate, and someday the world's biggest banks will likely own no physical currency (sometimes to that effect). Plus a worldwide currency that governments can't manipulate is huge!

I would argue plenty of growth stocks can match/beat bitcoins gains and are easier to understand, such as shopify which has produced around 42x returns over the past 5 yrs. Easier to understand = higher confidence = easier to hold and not sell.

Pflum

FNG
I don't think Robinhood supports crypto. They have some prices but I don't think you can trade it.

EastMT

WKR
Yes RH does all crypto, just some places ban it depending on where you live or haven’t met state laws

22lr

WKR
I slightly panicked and sold everything in my short term Robinhood account that was positive. Will see, may buy back tomorrow or wait and see what happens here...

For long term I see ZNOG released a PR and is hitting North of $1 finally! Lets go!