The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

I've had a RH account for about a year.
I've only used it for stock trading, not BTC yet.

I just opened an account on Coinbase.

I'm researching the two options now.
Fees and actual ownership of the coin seem to be the main points of consideration so far.

I'm considering buying more Tesla stock. No telling how much more it will run.

VectoIQ is doing another SPAC. Units should start trading today or tomorrow.

VTIQU

Their DD on their first reverse merger, Nikola, was obviously crap, but they are focusing on a hot sector that has potential for another big pop.

If you are looking for a relatively safe place to park cash, getting in on a SPAC near the IPO price point and selling pre-merger is decent option with potential for decent returns and low risk

MR5X5

FNG
Plug has made a nice jump today
Today's move is certainly nice. Hope it sticks... That said, people really should look into Hydrogen fuel cell technologies. I am convinced it is what will replace elec cars etc. Sure, it will take 20 years to complete the transition... Companies like Plug will lead it or be bought out along the way. Not a bad buy and hold asset.

Today's move is certainly nice. Hope it sticks... That said, people really should look into Hydrogen fuel cell technologies. I am convinced it is what will replace elec cars etc. Sure, it will take 20 years to complete the transition... Companies like Plug will lead it or be bought out along the way. Not a bad buy and hold asset.
South Korea's SK group just dumped $1.5B into PLUG. Most of my long terms are some sort of fuel cell tech

CObywayofUSAF

Lil-Rokslider
I’m looking to jump into the market for the first time because of all this. Not sure how much to put in to make any real profit though.
I would wait, this is about the worst entry possible with a few exceptions in various sectors. You want at the minimum a 10-15% pullback. In these market conditions I'd even go 20-25% if our federal reserve will even "allow" that. Good luck!

NDGuy

WKR
I'd even go 20-25% if our federal reserve will even "allow" that. Good luck!
That's the thing, I don't think they will. This is new market, looking back historically isn't always wise. Ask the people who have sat on cash since March/April while the rest of us have doubled our investments.

22lr

WKR
Selling my short term holds yesterday was a mistake... Nikola has gained about a dollar over what I sold it at... hahahaha.

O well, I still made $1.50 a share, ill hold for a bit and see what happens/wait to buy back in for a few places.

NDGuy

WKR
Selling my short term holds yesterday was a mistake... Nikola has gained about a dollar over what I sold it at... hahahaha.

O well, I still made $1.50 a share, ill hold for a bit and see what happens/wait to buy back in for a few places.
Tell me about it, I sold some stuff to free up cash in case anything tanked....OOPS

CorbLand

WKR
That's the thing, I don't think they will. This is new market, looking back historically isn't always wise. Ask the people who have sat on cash since March/April while the rest of us have doubled our investments.
It will happen but the question is when. Will it double from what its at today and then fall back to current pricing? Will it double and then pull back 50%? Will it fall 50% tomorrow?

I have been saying for over a year that housing prices cant go up anymore and the market is going to crash...we all see how that is going.

NDGuy

WKR
It will happen but the question is when. Will it double from what its at today and then fall back to current pricing? Will it double and then pull back 50%? Will it fall 50% tomorrow?

I have been saying for over a year that housing prices cant go up anymore and the market is going to crash...we all see how that is going.
Yep, that's why I said F it. Before yesterday I was only holding like 5% cash. Probably won't change going forward. This is a new market IMO.

Housing is a whole other animal lol glad I locked in my refinance when I did.

MR5X5

FNG
The market by definition is worth exactly what it is priced at at any given moment. Nothing wrong with pondering what the future might bring, but trying to hard time the market is a fools errand. A wise investor once told me (like stated above) to always make your moves in halves. If you need to be rich tomorrow, you should get to Vegas today!

Bnc04

FNG
Anyone have any familiarity with the ETF under ticker LIT? I'm looking into putting some of my profits into a longer term investment and it would seem Lithium technology would be a good sector to pursue? Thoughts welcome. Thanks for all the suggestions and help from you guys.
Brett

LAC has been my best lithium buy, I'd say a fair buy in price for that stock is $12-15. I believe we'll see it in the 20's once thacker pass gets going. I started a new position with NTTHF, I believe that stock has some potential upside down the road. Both are lithium stocks I like.