The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Crude oil prices up today, not really bad news from the FED. Not great, but better than expected. Thought there would be more of a bump. See after market how they fair.

U.S. crude oil prices reversed sharply, rising 1.7% to settle at $39.60 per barrel. Similarly, Brent was up 0.5% at $41.39 per barrel. At 2 p.m. ET Wednesday, the Federal Reserve released a policy and long-term forecasts that showed policymakers don't expect a rate hike before 2023.

Im still amazed after all the riots and looting and our culture going batschit crazy this past week that the market did so well.

I kinda expected the same too considering the Fed didn’t really give any bad news. Just one more example of how crazy this current market is. I was glad to see no chance of a rate increase. I think I’m finally gonna stop procrastinating and build a new house so the ~ 2.5% mortgage rate will be sweet.

Okhotnik

WKR
I kinda expected the same too considering the Fed didn’t really give any bad news. Just one more example of how crazy this current market is. I was glad to see no chance of a rate increase. I think I’m finally gonna stop procrastinating and build a new house so the ~ 2.5% mortgage rate will be sweet.

Congrats.

I just bought some land and will start building as soon as building supplies pricing go down. Crazy high prices now.

mntnguide

WKR
One of those days that I focused on power lines instead of the market and the red.. but i did get an Idea about picking up IZEA mid day and im currently up 20% after hours with that.. gonna swing it till Friday most likely with good PR news coming out tomorrow supposedly

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

KSP277

WKR
CHK??? Anybody got an opinion there? Is it gonna go off the market or is this a decent time to buy?

bcar

Lil-Rokslider
CHK??? Anybody got an opinion there? Is it gonna go off the market or is this a decent time to buy?
I think typically current owner's shares go to $0 in a bankruptcy, excluding the Buffet's of the world with majority ownership's who can be in on negotiating the filing terms.

All I can say about today is that NAKED went up 70% after hours after trading mostly flat all day. WTF? Why?
I think we may be trading sideways for a while. Which direction this breaks....anyone’s game.
More scared than I was

All I can say about today is that NAKED went up 70% after hours after trading mostly flat all day. WTF? Why?
I think we may be trading sideways for a while. Which direction this breaks....anyone’s game.
More scared than I was
I honestly believe the lack of sports betting and other factors is playing a part in some of this volatility. The ease of trading platforms such as RobinHood make it super convenient for the average joe to jump in and start buying and selling. With prices in the gutter on a lot of stocks, its easy to start throwing money around. Maybe I'm wrong but I did read somewhere that the sports gambling market (both legal and illegal) is something like a 7 billion dollar market. How much of that money is being pumped into the market by retail investors?

EastMT

WKR
Momma said there’d be days like this.....

Well I’ve been on days this week and unable to trade like usual, luckily only 1/3 of penny fund on the market. 401k sat out for a bit.

I’ve been thinking bubble/correction for a bit, you just can’t have companies higher than pre covid prices by 50%, just not long term.

I’ll be cashing out a couple on a bounce, try to get into a decent day trade here and there when possible, but playing it safe.

Up 15.5% for the last week, take what I can get here and there for the time being

007hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I honestly believe the lack of sports betting and other factors is playing a part in some of this volatility. The ease of trading platforms such as RobinHood make it super convenient for the average joe to jump in and start buying and selling. With prices in the gutter on a lot of stocks, its easy to start throwing money around. Maybe I'm wrong but I did read somewhere that the sports gambling market (both legal and illegal) is something like a 7 billion dollar market. How much of that money is being pumped into the market by retail investors?
I’ve been saying similar for several years now. Robinhood has absolutely changed the “investing environment”, no doubt about it.

wayoh22

WKR
Fear of 2nd wave of Corona making the market bleed. With Arizona and Georgia not doing too well, the bull run might be over for quite some time. Uncertainty is going to have lasting impressions without some good news.

KurtR

WKR
so for you guys with more experience would you on a day like this sell and take what profits you have left and let the stocks ride that are negative right now

EastMT

WKR
I don’t know, it just depends if this is a long downturn or short. I’m going to remove a couple high risk plays, stick with my pharm plays. If the past is any indicator tomorrow will probably rally 500 pts but it depends on how scared people are.

If pennies get down to March 23rd levels we could be in for another fun ride up!

Bobbyboe

WKR
so for you guys with more experience would you on a day like this sell and take what profits you have left and let the stocks ride that are negative right now

Not terribly experienced, but anything I owned on 6/8, I will hold. I did hit some sell stops on the 9th for 7% below the peak the day earlier. No reason to sell at a 20+% discount, or loss. For all we know this could turn tomorrow and head back up.

Im holding 20% cash and am hoping to buy in tomorrow if we continue to drop. If the knife keeps falling I may add more cash to my account to get to about 30 or 40% cash for next week. Im hoping to re-enter DAL around 22-24, COTY 4.0, CORR 10-10.5. Im also watching TOPS to see if it hits .12 or lower and CDEV to see if and how far it drops. Still kicking myself for selling it at a 40% profit a while back......

If none of those fall to my price point I'll most likely just add to my index's and let them sit until retirement. 18 years down the road.

Okhotnik

WKR
The stock market has a way of moving $ from the impatient to the patient.........

That's time honored advice.

Thankfully I moved my major holdings from my work 401 k out of market last Friday.

Seeing lots red today on my personal account. lol. I wish I was sitting on more cash. I cashed out last Friday on a bunch of stocks and bought some property locally. Sold some major holdings yesterday mid morning on the small bounce before the fed. Not great profits. Only 3 to 4 per cent. Sit on the rest of stocks. Maybe Friday will be some deals in the afternoon or it could keep going down into next week.

Guys with a lot of cash should do well here the next few weeks

007hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I’m holding more than I had planned going into a long weekend with the family. I wasn’t planning on paying attention much today and Friday. Gonna have to now and average down on some and take advantage of this.

Okhotnik

WKR
Added some MGEN when it dropped to .87

Couldn't resist. lol. sitting on 38 k shares at an average of .88 a share. Hopefully did not jump in too soon. I d like to sell 1/2 soon to grab some cash.

everything else except some gold holdings in the red.

EastMT

WKR
I got in and out just in time, put my sell at $5, I can’t believe it sold that fast at the top, dang lucky I got out before breaking even. I’m that was a knuckle biter while it was halted for 5 min hahaha.

Attachments

• 1ADF00AC-24C1-4F41-8DAC-6CAED3E31BE2.jpeg
    1ADF00AC-24C1-4F41-8DAC-6CAED3E31BE2.jpeg
    114.1 KB · Views: 75