The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Broomd

WKR
starting to see green on some of my oil. Hope it keeps trending up
Yep, I popped in for some breakfast, my sheet is up 8K in 90 minutes. My early buys CORR NRGU are killin' it. Scared money don't make money. :)

I enjoy day trading but I told the wife that I suspect that if I turned off my mac and turned in back on in late Sept we'll be up 150K.

Why? I bought SRG late April--in around 8.20, 1650 shares--and sold it Monday for 12 or so. Made $5-6K. That was the normal cycle for that stock, 11.50+ peak.
Well, after I sold it went on to $25-26. I left $24K on the bone just by doing my usual swing trade routine. Moral of the story? Sometimes I'd be better off leaving crap the heck alone. :D

Last edited:
Great move to the guys that sold CDEV high and got back in on this morning’s sale! Fair warning to you guys though, next time it shoots up im going to grab profits. That means as soon as I sell it will at least double based on my past attempts at grabbing profits. Be careful selling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunderer

Lil-Rokslider
What do you guys see in GTE? The prices were declining two months before the wuhan flu hit the USA. I've done a little research, but can't justify grabbing a position.

2 year chart:

Attachments

• GTE.JPG
    GTE.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 37

ORHunter

WKR
What do you guys see in GTE? The prices were declining two months before the wuhan flu hit the USA. I've done a little research, but can't justify grabbing a position.

2 year chart:
A little good news for what its worth from yesterday.
4ae40cd1d3494fde0a3a60fc422b9b95.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

EastMT

WKR

2 year chart:

For me it’s just a bottom trade, sell on a decent bounce. I’m not in it for long, I have real stocks for that. These little stocks is just to keep it fun.

2 day trades today have me hovering from red to green, 50/50 chance I end the day green. Looking for another scalp now

Okhotnik

WKR
Have a sell for CDEV at 2.05. Picked up some too again today. Told myself enough already!

This stock keeps on giving. I should buy it dinner and some flowers lol

Decided to sell SNDE, SM, VBIV and half of CPE for 10 plus per cent profits. Other oil less or on downside.

Cmon MGEN hit 1.20 again. Frigging fidelity missed that sell. Opened up webull and slowly moving funds there.

sure is volatile today!!

Last edited:

Broomd

WKR
I hear ya.
I've been a bit skeptical on GTE, but most everything in shale was declining pre-Wuhan.
I didn't see this listed among the potential 'delist' stocks, and they do have various deals coming together (new Ecuador contract) and several insider buys going on. Can't imagine BK is in the offing with that new SA contract.
I'm not expecting miracles here, this one's a crap shoot; but for a penny stock I can't help but think this won't at least hit a buck with oil steadily heading up.

Holding 10K at .42

Johnboy

WKR
Somebody help me out, here. I see the term "barcoding" coming up here and there. Just wondering if my assumption on the definition is correct... Is this describing a stock that has repeated and abrupt ups & downs, which make the price chart look like a barcode? Is this generally used to describe stock "manipulation"? Clarification is appreciated. Thanks!

Can anyone confirm if I'm on the right track my assumption here?

Bobbyboe

WKR
Powell really didn't want to answer that last question about a market bubble burst, did he? Id say his lack of an answer is a bit concerning..... He did however say they were going to use every tool available to support the market and businesses.

After listening to the entire conference, along with the q and a session, i am more worried than ever about a sudden burst.

GTE

2 year chart:
I don’t see GTE having near the ceiling as some of the other oil holdings but I do like that they drill from different areas than say the Permian oil basin. Diversify is key in my opinion. Also there debt is under control through the year. I’ll hold with a .50 average and wait for $1+. I struggled to jump on them back when they sat around .26 for the longest time. Just sat idle while others took off. Once GTE starts to get some volume I see a solid gain. Good luck to all and as usual I am no expert so take my advise with a grain of salt.

Okhotnik

WKR
Crude oil prices up today, not really bad news from the FED. Not great, but better than expected. Thought there would be more of a bump. See after market how they fair.

U.S. crude oil prices reversed sharply, rising 1.7% to settle at $39.60 per barrel. Similarly, Brent was up 0.5% at $41.39 per barrel. At 2 p.m. ET Wednesday, the Federal Reserve released a policy and long-term forecasts that showed policymakers don't expect a rate hike before 2023.

Im still amazed after all the riots and looting and our culture going batschit crazy this past week that the market did so well.