The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Bobbyboe

WKR
Ended up selling DFS and T. Now sitting on about 40% cash. I'll hold my ETF's through the storm. Im beginning to think this knife will continue to drop into next week too. Lots of negative attitudes about covid and economics, combined with a market that was artificially high to begin with.

Should have sold it all on Monday evening, but that's hindsight I guess...

Broomd

WKR
Wow did I pick a good day yesterday to pull funds out of mutual funds to my brokerage...
Why? Are you worried they won't come back up again??
Mutual fund, transferd it out before markets opened but yes it will likely sell at days end price.
Help me out as I can't figure that strategy. Wife and I are transferring a Jumbo to Vanguard tomorrow trying to get in this week.
I hope the market lags so I can get in now....

What are people’s thoughts on HLX today, is it buying time again? It’s down 24% on the day so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ez_willie

WKR
Why? Are you worried they won't come back up again??

Help me out as I can't figure that strategy. Wife and I are transferring a Jumbo to Vanguard tomorrow trying to get in this week.
I hope the market lags so I can get in now....

I have no strategy really, just guessing after todays drop and how the media is were in for a downward spiral of at least 10-20% more. Then i'll jump back in.

Okhotnik

WKR
A lot of activity on airlines in after market bargain hunting it seems. I added to my airline stocks today near lows. Was not a pretty day lol.

Okhotnik

WKR
pulled 401k today, anyone else? how many breakers we ganna hit in the morning???

Pulled out of work 401 k last week. I have the TSP and put everything in G fund. It usually takes two days so I transfer after a few hot market days. Glad I did n't wait.

EastMT

WKR
Pulled out of work 401 k last week. I have the TSP and put everything in G fund. It usually takes two days so I transfer after a few hot market days. Glad I did n't wait.

Yup, I’m in the G as well for about a week. Things were feeling a bit bubbly, and CV19 peeking back up. I’m guessing after these riots and protests it’s going to ramp up a few places.

To any of you new guys, don’t panic. Don’t sell out. Turn off your computer for a day or two. This will all pass in a week or less.

Covid was basically dead as far as its ability to manipulate anything. Then all of a sudden, it’s back to bleeding the market. Its no more of a threat to us than it was 2-3 weeks ago, but it’s big news again.........because WE allow it to be.

Use this time to make entry into some positions you feel you missed out on previously. If you are down 10-20 percent on a particular position, HOLD IT. Stop taking losses from panic and fear.

Last Thursday, just six trading days ago, CDEV finally hit $1.20 on it's own steam after 4-5 weeks of bouncing around and heavy MM. And it's holding there and beyond.
It's amazing how 'investors' freak out over fluctuations. Everyone wants instant returns. No wonder 80% lose money.
Couldn’t agree more. I may only be learning this game as we go but I looked at today as a win. Yeah my shit went down but nothing collapsed. I’m looking at this as opportunity.
I come from a background of sports betting. Been at it my whole life. I’m currently moving money out of my offshore gambling accounts and into trading accounts. Even on days like today this is a whole lot safer.

jfs82

WKR
To any of you new guys, don’t panic. Don’t sell out. Turn off your computer for a day or two. This will all pass in a week or less.

Covid was basically dead as far as its ability to manipulate anything. Then all of a sudden, it’s back to bleeding the market. Its no more of a threat to us than it was 2-3 weeks ago, but it’s big news again.........because WE allow it to be.

Use this time to make entry into some positions you feel you missed out on previously. If you are down 10-20 percent on a particular position, HOLD IT. Stop taking losses from panic and fear.

Please listen to this.

EastMT

WKR
What I don’t understand is what’s going on with all these Chinese stocks. There’s been at least 10 in the last week of 500-1000% runners. I mean it exceeds a pump n dump. I really don’t understand, but I’ve got in on 2, making my entire portfolio up 24% in the last 7 days.

I have no idea what’s happening, but I’m liking it. This thing hit $55, back to 20, back to 50. Unreal.
8277a541508d10faf980bb2bebc11d56.jpg

pirogue

WKR
Glad I sold SQ the other day, (and never owned Twitter), after CEO Dorsey says his companies are having holidays on June 19th. This Floyd-19 has WAAAY overran it’s course, and is wearing out my TV remote’s mute button.

Sold QQQ at 242 this morning. Back in at 235.

Great advice. I have a hard time thinking of a single position I have ever sold for a loss, where I wouldn't have made considerable gains by holding tight. Easy to preach, not easy to practice, but it's the truth..

EastMT

WKR
Futures up 200, excited for tomorrow. I need a couple runners in the morning. So much for sleeping in, these nuts chinese runs are too good to pass

Anyone ever buy some of the pump and dumps and just set a sell order? I know it’s probably a waste of money but look at PLAG for example. It has climbed over $700 three or four times over the past five years. $4 stock and set a sell limit at $500. Am I missing something?

Futures up 200, excited for tomorrow. I need a couple runners in the morning. So much for sleeping in, these nuts chinese runs are too good to pass

Any in specific you’re watching you wouldn’t mind sharing?

EastMT

WKR
Any in specific you’re watching you wouldn’t mind sharing?

Well as long as you promise to do your own research, that’s what I’m doing now.

I’m looking at AIM $2.60ish, ADMA $2.80ish if possible. Both covid plays. AIM has a run history, ADMA has some serious big name intuitional ownership that paid between $2.88-3.50, talking Blackrock, Vanguard index, etc. I’d be shooting for 25% + on each of these.

Also looking at SHLO as a sympathy play off CTIB runner tonight, but it gapped up after hours so probably too high by morning, possible scalp on a bounce.

Another one that may be too late is EMAN, just announced a DOD contract for F35 headgear. Jumped big after hours, not sure what will happen in AM.

Another covid watch is OPGN, they have a bacterial test supposed to work in 5 hrs. These can get crazy, so not sure on this one.

I added to CJJD on the dips today, waiting for $2-240 to sell.

Picked up some SOLO in the $1.50 range today, offering is closed at $2, hoping to hit that range.

That’s pretty much it tomorrow unless the Twits come up with a crazy chinese 1000% runner to scalp.

Broomd

WKR
Interesting take from the clan at Stocktwits on CDEV, and worth the consideration...Okhotnik alluded to this:

Some of us have had iron hands with this one, but with the profound re-cycling and huge upside lost, maybe it is time to rethink.