The Rokslide Sports Betting Thread

OP
Sherman

Sherman

WKR
Far from Heavily juiced. -165
Far from Heavily juiced. -165
It’s not just about the number. Win by KO was -165 and win by points closed at +350. Assuming the book took equal money on both sides of the bet (which they didn’t) the book would rake a 39% vig. That is high juice, my friend. Since 90% of the money Came in on Costa, and 75% of that was Costa by KO, the books cleaned house. Costa by points opened at +500. When 90% of the money is hitting on an outcome, but the opposite number is getting bet down, in this case Costa by points from +500 down to +350, that indicates where the sharp money is being played, which was contrarian to the public money. Sharp bettors don’t bet outcomes, they bet opportunity where there is a perceived disparity in the line.

OP
Sherman

Sherman

WKR
I guess I don’t know what a hook is. It thought if the line was set at 3.5, the .5 was the hook.
You are correct. I was speaking of buying the hook. The hook is .5 after any whole number in the spread.

oake

Lil-Rokslider
I may be drinking the Kool-Aid.

But looking at KU to cover at home this Saturday against Duke; liking the over also. Traditionally a basketball school but now looking to go 4-0 in football in the first time in almost forever.

OP
Sherman

Sherman

WKR
Our Raiders over 8.5 pick has taken a turn for the worse. Also, I believe the Fresno State QB was injured against USC.

snik

FNG
I’ve lost a lot of money betting sports. I guess I could put my picks then you all just fade them. Easy money, right?

Logynawa

FNG
I like to keep an eye on opening lines and track how they move throughout the day. It’s always interesting to see which way the money is going and try to catch any lines that don’t quite make sense.