RAA (Rokslide Addicts Anonymous)

Darryle

WKR
Classified Approved
OP
Rooggvc

Rooggvc

WKR
Don't know that it will outrun the original 25-06 Ackley. I am lazy, 5 bushings from 280 Ackley to 25-280 Ackley

View attachment 481653

View attachment 481655
Thanks for posting that. I actually reached out to them for some 25 Creed and 25/06 DATA, they sent that back today. I am currently seeing if they have any 25/284 data. If your interested we started another thread for Quarter Bores.
https://www.rokslide.com/forums/thr...-25-creed-25-284-25-06-25-prc-25-saum.288587/
If you don't mind I would like to post this in it.

Don't know that it will outrun the original 25-06 Ackley. I am lazy, 5 bushings from 280 Ackley to 25-280 Ackley

View attachment 481653

View attachment 481655
Thank you for sharing, and the AI has been in my thoughts as well. It is certainly confounding, however, the one advantage of sticking with the original .25-06 is the ability to grab factory ammo instead of being wholly dependent on handloads. That being said, I have a .308 and a .35 Whelen for backup, so if I wanted to go improved, it wouldn't be that big a hardship... Welcome to my rabbit hole...

OP
Rooggvc

Rooggvc

WKR
Thank you for sharing, and the AI has been in my thoughts as well. It is certainly confounding, however, the one advantage of sticking with the original .25-06 is the ability to grab factory ammo instead of being wholly dependent on handloads. That being said, I have a .308 and a .35 Whelen for backup, so if I wanted to go improved, it wouldn't be that big a hardship... Welcome to my rabbit hole...

My understanding of AI cartridges is the parent case can be fired in the AI chamber. So theoretically you get the best of both worlds.

My understanding of AI cartridges is the parent case can be fired in the AI chamber. So theoretically you get the best of both worlds.
From what I've read, and to your point, after the first firing, the empty brass would then be fire formed to the AI shoulder. However, I'm not sure what one could expect for accuracy, etc... Need an AI expert to weight in...

Harvey_NW

WKR
Classified Approved
As I'm sitting here eating my lunch reading this thread, the good Lord sent me a sign that I'm right where I need to be, doing what I should be doing (while not hunting, of course).

Or I have a problem.. But I'm an optimist.
20221201_123842.jpg20221201_124006.jpg

OP
Rooggvc

Rooggvc

WKR
As I'm sitting here eating my lunch reading this thread, the good Lord sent me a sign that I'm right where I need to be, doing what I should be doing (while not hunting, of course).

Or I have a problem.. But I'm an optimist.
View attachment 482305View attachment 482306
Maybe Utah would let me add that to my license plate. That's awesome. You are doing the good work.

Shraggs

WKR
Ok… I’ve never shared before.

Do I have a problem if I hurry to set cruise control on winding 2 lane highway on way to deer hunt so I can open rokslide current threads?

tony

WKR
I was in Mexico for a week and it killed me not to be able to check in

OP
Rooggvc

Rooggvc

WKR
Ok… I’ve never shared before.

Do I have a problem if I hurry to set cruise control on winding 2 lane highway on way to deer hunt so I can open rokslide current threads?
Sounds very reasonable to me. (Irritates the hell out of my wife when I do a quick screen refresh while driving. )

taba

FNG
If you do or experience any of the following, you may benefit from RAA.

6. You constantly hope FORM gets on to share some of his experience.

You are constantly in analysis paralysis based on @Formidilosus latest post. Just when you think you can make a decision on your semi-custom build, he just has to inject a new variable. :) All kidding aside, Form and others on here have revolutionized my thoughts on cartridge capability, shooting, and hunting as well as what is practical and proven.

Amen to that. My eyes have definitely been opened. It's been a great resource, and a fun place to communicate with some like minded people.

Guilty.