The Rokslide Sports Betting Thread

OP
Sherman

Sherman

WKR
Far from Heavily juiced. -165
Far from Heavily juiced. -165
It’s not just about the number. Win by KO was -165 and win by points closed at +350. Assuming the book took equal money on both sides of the bet (which they didn’t) the book would rake a 39% vig. That is high juice, my friend. Since 90% of the money Came in on Costa, and 75% of that was Costa by KO, the books cleaned house. Costa by points opened at +500. When 90% of the money is hitting on an outcome, but the opposite number is getting bet down, in this case Costa by points from +500 down to +350, that indicates where the sharp money is being played, which was contrarian to the public money. Sharp bettors don’t bet outcomes, they bet opportunity where there is a perceived disparity in the line.

OP
Sherman

Sherman

WKR
I guess I don’t know what a hook is. It thought if the line was set at 3.5, the .5 was the hook.
You are correct. I was speaking of buying the hook. The hook is .5 after any whole number in the spread.

oake

Lil-Rokslider
I may be drinking the Kool-Aid.

But looking at KU to cover at home this Saturday against Duke; liking the over also. Traditionally a basketball school but now looking to go 4-0 in football in the first time in almost forever.

OP
Sherman

Sherman

WKR
Our Raiders over 8.5 pick has taken a turn for the worse. Also, I believe the Fresno State QB was injured against USC.

snik

FNG
I’ve lost a lot of money betting sports. I guess I could put my picks then you all just fade them. Easy money, right?