The future of BC Sheep

Rackmastr

WKR
I live in Region 4 and I'm only an hour from a few of the areas.

I have my conclusions already that I've weighed since 2021 on what should or shouldn't have happened. I'm just wondering what others have to think.

Not a fan of the way consultation went on it, nor did it sound like there was much openness to options presented that may or may not have had more long term flexibility.

Unfortunately seems to be the way BC is managed these days. Consultation really just means a box thats checked and when user groups come to the table with possible options or solutions, they are rarely engaged beforehand or through the process.

I think there were better ways of looking at things that promote opportunity, age class harvesting, and also LEH opportunity, but seems we are at the mercy of decision makers, with not much interest (it seems) to look at options.

Fullcry

FNG
Bottom line is Sheep hunting is just getting more and more expensive.
Add the fact that so many people want to try it.
In BC it’s amazing how many residents are taking it up and trying it.
Nothing wrong with that.
But there is only so many sheep.
ALL SHEEP HUNTS IN ALASKA AND BC SHOULD BE ON A CONTROLLED DRAWING
it’s the only way to manage the resources
How you divide Res vs Non Resident is a different subject.

Rambucsabillbul

Lil-Rokslider
As a BC Resident and sheep hunter.

The OP is in my opinion Bang On. This will spread over time to Goats,, Coyote, next White Tail and Mule deer, Etc Etc. And in many places besides BC. Quite sickening really.

If I don't like the Greenies playing Frizby football, or Croquet, I think they should be shut down.
It will never stop.

Glad I've lived the life I have so far, the mountains and great outdoors owe me nothing. I have come to the realization that I will likely not be hunting with my grandkids.

Our Heritage and traditions are going by the wayside to please both FNs and downtown type Greenies that want us all eating vegetables.