The 2014 Kifaru EMR II

FTF, Curious if you tried sealing with some of that spray on water sealer you an get at places like Walmart for tents and shoes.
the bag material is waterproof. its everywhere its stitched that leaks. (picture a watering can) i tried silicone thinned with mineral spirits, then straight silicone. and i definately slowed it down, but not to my liking. added .4oz of silicone so far...

MattB

WKR
the bag material is waterproof. its everywhere its stitched that leaks. (picture a watering can) i tried silicone thinned with mineral spirits, then straight silicone. and i definately slowed it down, but not to my liking. added .4oz of silicone so far...

I got my gen II hanging meat bag virtually waterproof with straight silicone, but I had to do 3 coats.

Rizzy

WKR
Anyone do any mods to their pack yet? I'm thinking about adding tabs to the top of the bag so i can ditch the lid and go with a rolltop.

CtP

Lil-Rokslider
Right on time

Just got a ship notice. 65 days from order date. Duplex,LH lid, EMR, KU pockets, grab it = foliage.

CtP

Lil-Rokslider
decided on the Grab it II. never used it before but the adjustable factor appealed to me.

kifaru2.jpg
kifaru.jpg

Wish my shell wasn't in the way but I forgot it was there. I'm still working on it trying to get it fit to me correctly, big shoulders and long torso. I only have about 8 miles on it with 55lb total pack weight so still fine tuning.

Last edited:
I can clearly see the value of the adjustable II on the Nomad, but was wondering if needed for the EMR2 and the traditional bags if just using on the outside.... But if I am reading earlier posts correctly regarding elevating meat inside the EMR2 with grabit2 by being able to install it inside the bag, then I can see that being a good reason for it with the EMR2.

Tiger Rag

WKR
Got my tracking info from Kifaru on Friday! Should be to me on Thursday! Can't wait for a training hike/test Friday/Saturday

View attachment 15758
View attachment 15760

Wish my shell wasn't in the way but I forgot it was there. I'm still working on it trying to get it fit to me correctly, big shoulders and long torso. I only have about 8 miles on it with 55lb total pack weight so still fine tuning.
looks too low to me. almost looks like the rear of the waistbelt is sagging. shouldnt do that unless you have over 100 in it