Swarovski warranty change

daddie63

WKR
Hey there. I just found out Swaro changed their warranty to 10 years from defects and 2 years on electronics. I’m just curious if anyone knows why they changed the best warranty in the business. Maybe it’s been taken advantage of ? Just curious.

Thanks a lot

ericF

WKR
I also wonder if anything bought now with the lifetime warranty card in the box will be honored with the old warranty or the new 10 year warranty. Or are they switching all previous purchases to 10 years? Doug, do you have any insight?

Hmm well that’s depressing. I was getting ready to purchase a spotter in the next year but maybe that changes things. Thanks for posting. I had not see this.

EDW

FNG
I do not know if this answers the question if older products still have the lifetime warranty. After calling Swaro several months back they authorized the return of my SLC 10x42 WB for basically a tune up. They cleaned and replaced eye cups, re-calibrated all adjustments and some additional work. All of the service was free. I purchased these in 1999.

I feel like the whole vortex “vip” warranty has skewed everybody’s thinking. Honestly, if a company is willing to replace my optic no questions asked, then I probably just paid $1000 for a $200 pair of Binos because they are going to factor in a few “free” replacements when building their pricing. I’m going to buy an optic for its quality, not based on how easily I can get a new pair when I run them over. Take care of your stuff, and if something bad happens, I don’t mind paying for parts or services if it means having the best optics money can buy.

CLibka

Lil-Rokslider
Hey there. I just found out Swaro changed their warranty to 10 years from defects and 2 years on electronics. I’m just curious if anyone knows why they changed the best warranty in the business. Maybe it’s been taken advantage of ? Just curious.

Thanks a lot
Hey, that is sad news if true. Can you share where you got that information? There is a post over on bird forum from a year or so ago basically saying the same thing, they eventually concluded that the international warranty is 10 years/2years but if bought from a SONA authorized dealer you still get the lifetime, can anyone weigh in that knows more about the industry?

jhayes6405

Lil-Rokslider
My mid 90s SLC are at SONA now and they upgraded my eye cups from fixed to adjustable for free and they are well outside the 10 year window and I told them I was not the original purchaser. The flat out told me they are heirloom products and don't care who bought them.

PLO5

WKR
I spoke with swarovski about a month ago and they said if binoculars were registered in the first year they were purchased that you have 31 years of warranty. They said if not registered it was a 30 year from manufactured date as they concluded 30 years is the life of the product.

Again....Swaro will cover it no matter how long you’ve had them or who’s had them before you. Shouldn’t be much for discussion. They will take care of you.

Beendare

WKR
Wow, was I the only guy reading the warranty card? /grin

Swaro probably got tired of guys like myself that use these for 25 years and then they have to replace them as they are plum worn out.

I sent in my 10x SLCs that I bought decades ago for $600.....and they said they would fix for free....OR I could give them $175 to go through the whole thing. I sent them $175...and they sent me a brand new bino.