Swarovski warranty change

I have a couple Swaro items to send in. I'll update this thread on how it progresses.
1. 10x32 EL's the focus knob works fine. Once you pull it out it is locked up. Won't turn in either direction. I was going to force it but figured it would probably be best to let them do it.

2. 5-25 X5. When I adjust 1 click of windage it moves my poi 1.25"-1.5" at 100 yards. At least it is moving it in the correct direction :)

All were bought new. The bino's are old though. The scope is only 2 years old I believe. From everything I have read I don't expect any issue's getting the problems taken care of. The bino's will be fixed in Rhode Island, the scope in Austria.

OP
D

daddie63

WKR
i agree their warranty has been great to me also. Like many have said it most likely wont be needed either. I was just surprised when I saw/heard the change to it. Now with Leica stepping up their warranty soundslike the big 3 are on a level playing field with warranty.

Quick update.

I sent the scope to Swaro in RI and they sent it to Austria for repair. I shipped it on the 15th of March and received it from them yesterday May 3rd. Note in the box just says small parts replacement and cleaning. Pretty decent turn around time.

I have not received the binoculars back yet.

TP151

FNG
I just sent in a pair of 10x42 EL's that I bought 12 years ago used in 2007. They were made in 2000. I spoke with them first and they registered the bino's to me for warranty. They sent me a work order # and I sent them in cause the focus knob was awful sticky. A week after I sent them in I received an email stating the focus knob and a cleaning would be performed under warranty! Also they stated for $250.00 they would replace the glass while they had them. I called immediately and gave them a credit card #. Took 8 weeks to get them back and I received a brand new looking pair of bino's that are 19 years old! I had no idea that they would put new armor coating on! Needless to say I am very pleased!

Shrek

WKR
I’ve had nothing but phenomenal service that far exceeds my expectations from Swarovski. About a month ago I emailed Swarovski on a Sunday morning about a replacement rubber eye guard and front cover for my ATX 95. Tuesday morning I got an email that the parts were on the way no charge and I received them Thursday. The cover was a warranty issue but the eye guard was from an after market scope cover that pulls on the rubber as I take it off. Either way Swarovski quickly took care of me. I have complete confidence that Swarovski will continue to take care of any legitimate issue I may encounter and if I get careless and damage any of their products they’ll repair it for a reasonable charge. That’s been my experience and that of everyone I know.

I didn't realize they would replace the armor on them. Do you request that or what? My 10x42's are about 12 years old and could use a good going through and cleaning.

Beendare

WKR
I didn't realize they would replace the armor on them.
I sent in my SLC's I purchased in the late 80's a couple years back and they told me for $175 they would replace armor and go through them....sent me a brand new bino with new serial number. I doubt they replaced the one guys lens and armor- probably a new set.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I feel like the whole vortex “vip” warranty has skewed everybody’s thinking. Honestly, if a company is willing to replace my optic no questions asked, then I probably just paid $1000 for a $200 pair of Binos because they are going to factor in a few “free” replacements when building their pricing. I’m going to buy an optic for its quality, not based on how easily I can get a new pair when I run them over. Take care of your stuff, and if something bad happens, I don’t mind paying for parts or services if it means having the best optics money can buy.

100% agree with this. It’s like guys don’t think the top tier companies have a good warranty. I’ve contacted swaro about a different eye piece on my spotter before, just because I wanted a different one, and they replied with “no problem, I just put the order in and shipped it to the address in your signature”. I have legitimately had people tell me that they’d rather run Vortex instead of Swarovski or Leica because Vortex has a “better warranty”. Just what the heck...

I can assure everyone that the top tier glass companies will have a solid warranty. And you probably won’t have to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Trial153

WKR
Lifetime no fault warrantys on things like optics and fly rods are a money suck and inflate retail prices. Best thing that can happen is the industry moves away from it.

mgebs311

FNG
How does Swarovski’s warranty registration work if you are not the original owner? Like if you buy them used from someone or you are gifted a pair and you do not have the original receipt or anything? What are your experiences with that? Is there paper work that come with the bino’s? I just want to know if I pickup a second hand pair that I could still have them registered to me and if that is possible, just like the piece of mind.

choovhntr

WKR
The original owner has to contact Swarovski and transfer the registration. It’s pretty painless really. I would do it right away though before tracking down the original seller gets more difficult.