Swarovski warranty for new binoculars

Palr

FNG
I am looking for a pair of high-quality binoculars. During my research, I have come across the warranty policies offered by various top brands, including Zeiss, Leica and Swarovski. I noticed that Zeiss states that they have a 5-Year No-Fault Policy, providing protectio against accidental damage, even if it is your fault. Similarly, Leica offers their customers a 10-year Passport Protection Plan to provide customers with peace of mind and reassurance in case of any unexpected damages or faults.

Swarovski offers limited lifetime warranty on any manufacturers defect on its product. I was just wondering why Swarovski does not offer a similar warranty for new binoculars? As a buyer, having a comprehensive warranty policy can be an important factor in the decision-making process. It not only demonstrates the brand's confidence in the quality and durability of its products, but it also provides customers with long-term protection and support. I understand that each brand has its own policies and considerations, but a comparable warranty could potentially be a significant advantage for Swarovski. It would help build trust and loyalty among customers, as well as attract new customers who value such warranty coverage.

When you are The Best you do NOT need a gimmick to get people to buy your product (such as those other manufacturer warranties mentioned)

I personally don’t keep glass more than a season or two. So a long warranty wouldn’t even benefit me.

If you buy Swaro - take good care of em - and you’ll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because Swarovski doesn't feel the need to eat $3k because you trashed your binos. You are 100% capable of getting a no questions asked insurance policy for any Swarovski Optik product through an insurance provider.

What you're talking about isn't a warranty, LOL.

Swaro seems to be doing ok. You don't hear many owners complaining about their QC or customer service. Dad said I could tear up an anvil…. I’m on about year 20 with my ELs. I haven‘t been able to tear them up yet. I have kept mine attached to some sort of harness since I bought them. This probably reduced the chance of dropping them greatly. As a consumer I don't want to have to pay for everyone else‘s insurance policy against accidents and abuse.

Axlrod

WKR
A few years ago I sent my 15 year old SLC's in to have them gone through, as I was giving them to my son. While there I had them replace the lenses, I think they charged me $120. That was for the lens replacement, they cleaning and inspection was no charge.

That being said If anything happened to my NL's, my fault or theirs I would have them fixed or replaced and pay for it if they wouldn't.

JGRaider

WKR
As far as an overall package goes.....optics, build quality, customer service, and warranty.......neither Zeiss nor Leica should even be mentioned in the same sentence with Swarovski. Swaro has been kicking every alpha maker's asss for years, for good reason.

Why should a company INSURE their product against damaged caused by the user? That’s insurance, not a warranty. If you want your stuff insured buy a valuable personal protection policy that will cover your gear against accidental damage as well as theft or loss. I pay less than $20/mo through USAA for almost $100K worth of covered items.

Antares

WKR
I just dropped my ELs on a hardwood floor and jammed one of the eyecups in at angle. Really, really jammed; I couldn’t get it out. Swarovski inspected, repaired, and cleaned them for free. They’re 2010 models and I’m at least the third owner, so I thought that was pretty great service.

As an aside, I also have a supplement insurance policy for “sporting goods”; all my rifles and optics are on there. You’re basic homeowners policy isn’t going to cover much.

Chad717

FNG
7 year old Els with the diopter going out of focus and worn tore off eyecups from heavy use. They fixed everything and completely went through them for free, didn’t even charge for shipping.

HuntHigh

FNG
I recently have had issues with Zeiss's stated warranty. Their warranty seems to be more of a marketing statement than it is them promising to stand behind their product. I really $$$$ regret not buying a Swaro now.