Are optics warranties TOO good?

JGRaider

WKR
They typically just charge for parts which is rather inexpensive considering the value of the product and work done. I have used the warranty process a few times for stuff I have broken on myself and it’s not been bad.
You never answered my question, maybe you missed it.....what specific QC issues have you had with your Razor HD, UDH, and Fury AB?

WRO

WKR
You never answered my question, maybe you missed it.....what specific QC issues have you had with your Razor HD, UDH, and Fury AB?
None, I don’t own a set. I have several friends in the industry who sell them and have heard complaints about sending back multiple sets out of the box that had focus, columination, and other QA/QC issues right out of the box.

Swaro isn’t lifetime just FYI. They won’t warranty any of swaro habicht’s

#fakenews
Just sent in my SLC habicht and paid a nominal fee for them to be completely gone through replace lenses and internals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JGRaider

WKR
None, I don’t own a set. I have several friends in the industry who sell them and have heard complaints about sending back multiple sets out of the box that had focus, columination, and other QA/QC issues right out of the box.
So no personal experience, just repeating what someone told you. Got it, and thanks for finally answering.

#fakenews
Just sent in my SLC habicht and paid a nominal fee for them to be completely gone through replace lenses and internals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lol, Not fake news they don’t have a lifetime warranty , but I should have said rifle scopes. With that said they do list Habicht DF, SL, bino’s also

they no longer warranty habicht 4& 6 rifle scopes, there is no replacing or fixing.

It’s on their website if you want to argue with it. They even have pictures

Last edited:
OP
Shō[t]gun
So no personal experience, just repeating what someone told you. Got it, and thanks for finally answering.
i had a set of UHD 10x42’ that I returned to Basspro because the eyepiece and focus knob rubber were falling off after one hunt. HD’s purchased second hand were out of collimation and were replaced, and RZR 4K electronics took a dump and were replaced too. I tried to be a Vortex fan and failed well before joining this forum.

WRO

WKR
i had a set of UHD 10x42’ that I returned to Basspro because the eyepiece and focus knob rubber were falling off after one hunt. HD’s purchased second hand were out of collimation and were replaced, and RZR 4K electronics took a dump and were replaced too. I tried to be a Vortex fan and failed well before joining this forum.
Huh, similar to what several people who work with them daily have relayed over the years..

WRO

WKR
Why would I buy a set when there are so many better options out there for the same money?

JGRaider

WKR
Why would I buy a set when there are so many better options out there for the same money?
I don't care what you buy. I don't like false information no matter what the product. Believe it or not, I sent back 3 different 3200.coms because their RF sucked, even more so in freezing temps, and would range past 500 yds no matter what. These Fury AB's run circles around those POS Leicas I had.......personal experience, not hearsay.

WRO

WKR
The quote above (with regards to Razor HD, UDH, and Fury AB). Every manufacturer has quality issues, period. If they didn't they wouldn't have a repair/CS department.

So are you a retailer that handles lots of product or are you working off a sample size of 1?

JGRaider

WKR
I"m working off of a sample size of 4 alphas that I own, 3 that I owned, and 2 Vortex that I own. I also guided hunts for 16 years and have seen every common brand in camps. Some worked better than others, but if you think alpha and other more expensive brands are immune to quality issues you're dreaming.

Not saying your optic retailer buddy's are like this, but many optics retailers don't know squat about quality optics.

IdahoBeav

WKR
. . . if you think alpha and other more expensive brands are immune to quality issues you're dreaming.
There is a difference between immune and far less likely to occur.

Guys get way too excited about no questions asked free warranty replacement policies. There is no such thing as a free replacement. The company is going to put profit first, and the anticipated warranty replacements are factored into the sale prices. In order to do this, other costs must be reduced, particularly those that involve quality.

Imagine producing a sophisticated product and being willing, at the drop of a hat, to throw it in the trash and offer a free replacement.

JGRaider

WKR
There is a difference between immune and far less likely to occur.

Guys get way too excited about no questions asked free warranty replacement policies. There is no such thing as a free replacement. The company is going to put profit first, and the anticipated warranty replacements are factored into the sale prices. In order to do this, other costs must be reduced, particularly those that involve quality.

Imagine producing a sophisticated product and being willing, at the drop of a hat, to throw it in the trash and offer a free replacement.
You didn't read much of this thread did you? That's already been established multiple times.

WRO

WKR
I"m working off of a sample size of 4 alphas that I own, 3 that I owned, and 2 Vortex that I own. I also guided hunts for 16 years and have seen every common brand in camps. Some worked better than others, but if you think alpha and other more expensive brands are immune to quality issues you're dreaming.

Not saying your optic retailer buddy's are like this, but many optics retailers don't know squat about quality optics.
I’m lucky to have several good friends who know their shit in the business and have helped on the retail side a bit.

I was there when 3 out of 5 sets of NIB razors were sent back for various QA/QC issues before they ever hit a customers hands a few years back.

Leica had QA/QC issues with the newer geovids a few years back that. That being said, since covid I’ve been out of the retail game for a few years, but still hear the stories from time to time. Nothing in manufacturing has gotten better since covid IMHO.

I have dealt with broken scopes from most of the manufacturers either with clients or my own. Nikon being the worst for scopes personally. (0 for 4) That being said, I really like the monarch HG’s I have, they’re great truck glass.