Swarovski disappointment.

Maverick1

WKR
Worst support group ever my dudes. I came here to vent my sorrows of dropping 2k on Binos and convincing my wife for weeks they’d be worth it. Only to be defective. I’m not brand bashing, I understand Swarovski is the best binocular brand in the world. I just can’t believe it happened to me after so much excitement and anticipation. Forgot to mention I’m going on a little elk trip this weekend in the Olympics. That’s what really kills me, I gotta use my buddies Leupolds now. :(. Gonna go back to my beer and cornhole game now. Happy thanksgiving everyone.
Rough crowd. Thank you for sharing your experience with the Rokslide forum around your recent binocular purchase. I can not begin to imagine the disappointment you must feel, spending that much money on a new item, only to find it defective right before leaving on a hunt. If the original seller is not willing to work with you, contact Swarovski repair in the USA. Many happy customers from what I’ve read online. And good luck on your upcoming hunt!

Tahoe1305

WKR
Hey y’all. It’s America (for most) and Thanksgiving.

Put the phones down and spend some time with your families telling hunting stories.

Happy Thanksgiving.

(#hypocrite)

WRO

WKR
You had a very significantly outside of the norm of what typically happens. I’m guess you could open 300 more els and not have it happen again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
I don’t know man, a 2,200$ binocular that takes a dump on the first few days of ownership doesn’t deserve a 2nd chance lol. Kinda makes one bitter towards a brand.
You serious, Clark? If it's like 99% of issues, it's from freaking UPS/FEDEX/USPS drivers dropping, throwing, running over etc. Swaro has no control over that. A broke pair of Swaros is still better than anything Vortex makes.

I'm not saying the binos aren't broke. All im saying is that it does seem peculiar to me that the OP seeming had never heard of Rokslide

Didn't make an account, act what binos are recommended, nothing like that. Decided some how to buy swaros. Sell his razors. Obviously not on Rok.

Gets broken swaros,

Then out of the blue decides to find and join Rok just to trash swaro?
With a bits and pieces post. Just seems so random. Not saying it isn't true just seems so weird that the broken binos were the spark that made him join Rok out of all the other hunting forums.

And it would of been way easier to just return them.

Box delivered in perfect condition. CHECK
Initial inspection showed perfect condition. CHECK
Read instructions before doing anything. UNKNOWN
Post-adjustment showed perfect condition. CHECK
Placed into binoculars harness in perfect condition. CHECK
Pulled out of binoculars harness in broken state. ???

Something likely happened between being placed in binoculars harness (in perfect condition) and being pulled out of binoculars harness (broken). Things usually do not spontaneously break or begin rattling for no reason.

I'd reach out to SO tomorrow and see what they have to say. Depending on how that goes, contact Swarovski.
Read instructions? Lol.

Lo siento. That’s funny.

Interesting observations:

1. New guy joins and complains about a favorite brand and is told his complaint is uncalled for since he’s new.

2. Old members can be offended for someone complaining and are allowed to complain about the complainer.

3. Basically kettle upset at the pot.

1. New guy joins and complains about a favorite brand and is told his complaint is uncalled for since he’s new.

2. Old members can be offended for someone complaining and are allowed to complain about the complainer.

😆 i could care less if the guy makes a big stink about something.

I just think it all seems like weird, just weird.

This is the place he chose after having no other experience here?

The AK guys have Fizzle-Boys back. Guess they are lonely.

Yeah this would make mean real made spend that kind of dough on Swarovski and it takes a dump.
They were "perfect" from the moment they were delivered through going in the binoculars harness. But when removed from the harness they were no longer "perfect". So the million dollar question is what happened to them once inside the harness through being removed from the harness. Not everything is necessarily a manufacturer's defect; there are times it is a user defect. Not saying this is the case with the OP but it is not outside the realm of possibility either.

But we cannot ask since the mods have warned us that this needs to be a safe space for the OP.

Decker9

WKR
That’s brutal Fizz, and your not alone. The only optics Iv needed warranty for are my swarovski optics, my ATS only made one trip before getting moisture. It’s a piss off, but once their fixed, they’ll serve you well.

Of my swarovski stuff, the EL’s are the only optic I can say is worth the price to me, worth it to have them fixed and use them imo.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
Maybe we pass the hat again, like for OH1$ and the scammed binos? Too soon?

FWIW, my read through of this thread was different as far as the mods. I read it as keep it civil, but questions were ok.

Last edited:
They were "perfect" from the moment they were delivered through going in the binoculars harness. But when removed from the harness they were no longer "perfect". So the million dollar question is what happened to them once inside the harness through being removed from the harness. Not everything is necessarily a manufacturer's defect; there are times it is a user defect. Not saying this is the case with the OP but it is not outside the realm of possibility either.

But we cannot ask since the mods have warned us that this needs to be a safe space for the OP.
I think we are still fine to ask questions. Just ask long as your aren't coming out swinging at people in the thread.

I bought a used swarovski sts spotter and so far it has done me well though. Hopefully it never had an issue.

GotDraw?

WKR
1) I have had a full tour of the Swaro factory in Hall in Tirol, Austria after an intro from another company in that region. Their plant, build process, pride in workmanship and QC steps are amazing. Top notch, but hey, shit does happen.

2) I used to work for UPS at night in college. The shit we used to do when trying to slam boxes out the back of fully loaded semis and onto the conveyer was equally, if not more amazing. When you're standing in a fully loaded semi with a wall of boxes in front on you, and a manager standing over you with a stop watch checking your productivity, you starting pulling on boxes and shit is falling and flying all around, hitting the metal floor from 7' up, stepping on boxes so you can reach higher... There is NO tenderness or love, just get boxes out the back of that trailer as fast as possible or get fired.

3) Years ago, my buddy's dad was a division manager for NASA during the moon launches. He used to say- You can't make anything 100% idiot proof, they have too much time on their hands and will figure out a way to break it or f*** it up.

Swaro's precision optics are susceptible to damage, just like a Porsche or Ferrari can have problem show up in the first day of use.

One thing for sure, send them back and they will make them right and triple check them. You'll have great glass. Bummer in the interim.

JL

😆 i could care less if the guy makes a big stink about something.

I just think it all seems like weird, just weird.

This is the place he chose after having no other experience here?
Weird? Sure. But I know I’ve joined forums that had traffic with concerns. Heck, I joined this forum because of all the traffic.

I personally see nothing wrong with joining to shed negative light on a favored product, and I also see a problem with someone giving up without allowing the customer service to work.

Loggerdude

Lil-Rokslider
Go by a new Dodge Ram drive it off the lot recalled fuel pump system failure.
I have had Swarovski for over 30 years with one minor problem on one in half a dozen sets and 3 spotting scopes. Baught most used sent a couple in for maintenance never regretted it.

I bought an AR-15, COLT EPR, and they put the Trooper hand guard on the EPR. Completely different hand guard with no quick release attachment points. I didn't notice until I went to attach the sling b/c it was my first AR-15 and really knew nothing about them. Pain in the @#$. Called COLT and I was advised they were out of hand guards so they threw on what they had. Mind blowing that they would do that but that's what they did. Long story short, they fixed it and paid for all shipping etc. All good now but it it does leave a bad taste in the mouth. So I get the OP on some level but return/replace/repair and move on.

Last edited: