Swarovski disappointment.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Doesn't take much to disappoint some people. Who cares, that's why there's a warranty, not like they took your eyes out.

Ever had a car go in for warranty work, crap happens.
Yeah this guy should be happy that he dropped 2k+ on something that is going to have to instantly get sent out for warranty. How long is that going to take??? 8 months???

@Flizz

Your post is just missing much to much information for me (likely everyone here) to take seriously. For example:
Purchased new or used?
Purchased from who/where?

Your failure to consider that they could have been dropped and broken during shipping is blatant. Your post does not discuss this possibility, nor if the packaging exhibited any damage.
You fail to mention if you contacted Swaro about the issue and tell us what they had to say. Could this be because you purchased from a non-authorized dealer or purchased used, possibly getting a knockoff.

How about adding the above information/clarifications so there is some usefulness to this thread for the readers????

OP
F

Flizz

FNG
Sportoptics.com. Specifically “Sean” $2,069 out the door. Free shipping, no tax. I’d consider that a pretty perfect price for a brand new EL. Outstanding company and customer service.
@Flizz

Your post is just missing much to much information for me (likely everyone here) to take seriously. For example:
Purchased new or used?
Purchased from who/where?

Your failure to consider that they could have been dropped and broken during shipping is blatant. Your post does not discuss this possibility, nor if the packaging exhibited any damage.
You fail to mention if you contacted Swaro about the issue and tell us what they had to say. Could this be because you purchased from a non-authorized dealer or purchased used, possibly getting a knockoff.

How about adding the above information/clarifications so there is some usefulness to this thread for the readers????
Sport optics.com outstanding company and customer service. I said the packaging was perfect. Brand new. Paid 2,069 OTD.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I don’t know man, a 2,200$ binocular that takes a dump on the first few days of ownership doesn’t deserve a 2nd chance lol. Kinda makes one bitter towards a brand.
brother, I agree with you, but @Where's Bruce? is right, it can happen.

And, I don't think Swaro' is the most durable optic. It's not crap by any means, but I've broken the following:

-1/4-20 threads on my CT 30, but I did knock it off tripod (but I've knocked other brands off too without breaking). They fixed it promptly, cost me shipping one way. This was before Rokslide, so no relationship with Swaro then.

-the diopter shroud (my term) on my BTX came loose. It was the screw (I believe it's half-turn with a spring) that let loose and couldn't get it back together. They sent me a new without sending optic in. I surmise they would have done this with anyone who could prove the damage. They took my word

-My SLC 15x. Last year, in temps in low teens, focus knob got stiff, yes I forced it (I wanted to glass!) and yes I broke it. They fixed it (sorta, see next paragraph) and I paid only shipping one way. They'd have done that for anyone

-Same SLCs, get them back and start using them and they're not quite focusing to my eyes. I can get them really clear, but when I pull off them, my eyes take a second to adjust to normal. This is commom with cheap optics but not Swaro! It wasn't bad enough to abandon them during hunting season, but they definitely need to go back for some adjustment.

-Same SLCs, last week I noticed my tripod adapter (Vortex UL) was loose. I gave it some torque and broke off the 1/4-20 aluminum? shroud the adapter screw attaches to. OK, my fault, but still?????

So, even with all this, once fixed, I'll be using Swaro for the majority of my optics (outside of testing other optics and my preffered 10x SF from Zeiss for scouting ((light weight, tripod adaptable)) because I believe it's great glass. Just not super durable in the three optics I mentioned.

Hope this helps you.

Box delivered in perfect condition. CHECK
Initial inspection showed perfect condition. CHECK
Read instructions before doing anything. UNKNOWN
Post-adjustment showed perfect condition. CHECK
Placed into binoculars harness in perfect condition. CHECK
Pulled out of binoculars harness in broken state. ???

Something likely happened between being placed in binoculars harness (in perfect condition) and being pulled out of binoculars harness (broken). Things usually do not spontaneously break or begin rattling for no reason.

I'd reach out to SO tomorrow and see what they have to say. Depending on how that goes, contact Swarovski.

MattB

WKR
Yeah this guy should be happy that he dropped 2k+ on something that is going to have to instantly get sent out for warranty. How long is that going to take??? 8 months???
No one is saying he should be happy about the situation, but joining a forum just to complain is something am adolescent would do.

Since when has finding things to get indignant about become the great American past time?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
No one is saying he should be happy about the situation, but joining a forum just to complain is something am adolescent would do.

Since when has finding things to get indignant about become the great American past time?
Dog piling on a guy about joining a forum is something an adolescent would do. Look in the mirror bro, nobody is forcing you to participate in the discussion.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dog piling on a guy about joining a forum is something an adolescent would do. Look in the mirror bro, nobody is forcing you to participate in the discussion.
Nobody is forcing you to participate in this discussion either.
Kinda the point of a discussion thread though is multiple points of view?
Some people are trolls just looking to stir up shit. Guess time will tell if this one of those or not.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

ljalberta

WKR
Broken out of the box. I’d be immediately contacting who I purchased them from for an exchange.

That sucks, but unfortunately it can happen with anything. I’d still take my chances on not having issues with any Swaro product over any Vortex product based on my experience with both companies’ products.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Nobody is forcing you to participate in this discussion either.
Kinda the point of a discussion thread though is multiple points of view?
Some people are trolls just looking to stir up shit. Guess time will tell if this one of those or not.

I’d say the trolls are the guys chiming in just to belittle the guy and downplay his frustration rather than offer advice or share similar experiences.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’d say the trolls are the guys chiming in just to belittle the guy and downplay his frustration rather than offer advice or share similar experiences.
Guy joined today to posed a rant on Swarovski undeniably one of the top optics company in the world and isn't looking for anyone's advice. Just wanted to post his experience on Rokslide.

Does that make it untrue or a need to belittle anyone of course not, is it suspect? Appears lots of members think so.

The mods have warned us to be nice and provide a safe space for the OP to express the OP's frustration without being judged (real or perceived).

So we WKRs just need to give the OP come cookies and hugs.

Nosferatu

Lil-Rokslider
Does that make it untrue or a need to belittle anyone of course not, is it suspect? Appears lots of members think so.

I believe a lot of the mistrust comes in the phrasing and delivery of the problem.

There was no question posed. No seeking of advice or others experiences. Just a rant of a very well regarded brand amongst many different hobbies.

I personally find posts that are formed in the "I got xxx brand and it's junk. My yyy brand has never had problems" as rather disingenuous and simply seeking attention, rather than solutions.