Swarovski disappointment.

Flizz

FNG
Well. I finally decided to man up and get a pair of EL’s. Everything was perfect, price, shipping, packaging etc. I take them out, adjust the diopter. WOW…. Unbelievably perfect optic. I put them in my bino harness and continue doing my thing, pull them out again to glass and the diopter is totally off, both eyes are blurry and I’m thinking “what the actual F?…” I chalk it up to them maybe just rubbing on my bino harness and going out if focus. They seem to be fine the next few days when I take them out. Then, yesterday I’m on my back porch just playing with them, everything is perfect, I adjust how I’m sitting and pivot my body to checkout some birds, throw them up to my face and again, everything is totally blurry, diopter isn’t even close to my setting. So now the real concern sets in. Well, I give them a gentle shake and I can hear an audible rattle inside one tube. My heart sinks, I re adjust all the focus settings to perfection one last time trying to trouble shoot what’s causing them to loose focus. One more gentle shake, look through and everything is totally out of focus and almost instant headache causing.

I am unbelievably disappointed in Swarovski. I honestly should have never sold my old Razor HD’s to get these. Needless to say I’m getting my money back and giving Leica a whirl next time . Rant over.

OP
F

Flizz

FNG
Anything manmade can experience a malfunction...shit happens. Might not be Swaro's fault, maybe someone dropped them? Send em in for repair, you've got great glass with something broken inside.
I don’t know man, a 2,200$ binocular that takes a dump on the first few days of ownership doesn’t deserve a 2nd chance lol. Kinda makes one bitter towards a brand.

Marble

WKR
I don’t know man, a 2,200$ binocular that takes a dump on the first few days of ownership doesn’t deserve a 2nd chance lol. Kinda makes one bitter towards a brand.
Its not gonna cost you anything and you will have the best of binos money can buy.

Sounds to me like they were dropped, not by you but probably before you ever got them.

I had to send mine back the first year. Had some issue with the prism or something.

Just be prepared, it will take a bit for repair unless you pay extra for rush service.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Macintosh

WKR
EVERYONE kicks out a turd once in a while. It happens, hopefully rarely, but it happens. Or it could easily have been dropped in the warehouse, tossed off a conveyor in a shipping facility, dropped on the floor in a retailers shop, or any of a hundred opportunities for damage between production and landing in your hands. It’s too early to give up in the company entirely. The test is what happens next. Hope the best for them to get you fixed up quickly.

JDB9818

WKR
Nice first couple of post. You did buy some of the best glass available and I know Swarovski will get them fixed and you'd be happy with them. Their customer service is top shelf!

Give them an opportunity to remedy the problem.

If new return and get a new pair. This is not typical swaro experience. I'm sure you know that.

I just ordered NL Pure 12x. I would be irritated if that happened to me but I have a swaro SLC nocs and 20-60x80 spotter. Zero issues. I would simply return my NLs and get a new pair if I had that experience.

I'd bet dollars to donuts they were bought used. Thus the OP's "perfect price" comment. Nobody considers full retail a perfect price.

Last edited:

dave3006

FNG
Just return them and get a new pair. If pair #2 goes down, then get a different brand.

They are Swaros. They are alpha for a reason.

Nosferatu

Lil-Rokslider
I'd bet dollars to donuts they were bought used. Thus the OP's "perfect price" comment. Nobody considers full retail a perfect price.

I was thinking the same, if this story is real. They are potentially purchased from Ebay, which adds the probability of being knockoffs.

OP
F

Flizz

FNG
If one of your first 5 posts is a complaint you should be banned.
Oh you bet I absolutely took time to make an account for a complaint, but it’s more of a warning to hard working middle class guys like myself that “Alpha” Binos are not always alpha. I had a pair of garbage Razor HD’s, made in China even, perform flawlessly for 8 years. I’m not a vortex fanboy. I’m just saying. There’s no doubt the glass is far superior than middle tier Binos, however the build quality is not as amazing as I thought. If your swaros work for you, fantastic, but a lemon on a first sample pair of EL’s is unacceptable at that price point. Some food for thought for guys that are considering making the Alpha bino plunge.