Suppressors - first round impact shift

Robobiss

Lil-Rokslider
No. I think it’s 4 out of 9 (?).
Out of curiosity, with the issues that Ryan and now you have had, why would you purchase so many of them? Assuming of course you didn’t pull the trigger on 9 at once and get a batch approval or keep buying while others were in jail before you found your own accuracy/repeatability issues.

Do you really like the brand, and what they stand for, or something? Or do they have a killer value (or seem to) for the price point?

With so many great suppressors on the market, many brands with few to no issues, why buy so many if they seem to be inconsistent and have problems?

Would you recommend them to a stranger? Or would you advise someone to “buy something else”?

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Out of curiosity, with the issues that Ryan and now you have had, why would you purchase so many of them?

I didn’t buy any of them, nor did I choose them.

Assuming of course you didn’t pull the trigger on 9 at once and get a batch approval or keep buying while others were in jail before you found your own accuracy/repeatability issues.

5 or 6 were bought at once- I didn’t choose them.

With so many great suppressors on the market, many brands with few to no issues, why buy so many if they seem to be inconsistent and have problems?

They were all bought at once for the S2H rental rifles.

Would you recommend them to a stranger? Or would you advise someone to “buy something else”?

I am very suppressor agnostic, but from what I’ve seen, no I would not choose them.

Robobiss

Lil-Rokslider
I didn’t buy any of them, nor did I choose them.

5 or 6 were bought at once- I didn’t choose them.

They were all bought at once for the S2H rental rifles.

I am very suppressor agnostic, but from what I’ve seen, no I would not choose them.
Ahhh fair enough, the rental rifles. That makes sense.

They were never on my radar personally, but im always looking for another one, so I guess it’s a good couple data points to have. Thanks!

TreeDog

Lil-Rokslider
Sound suppression at the top of the charts, and just over half the cost of a tbac 9 made it an easy choice for me.

DD has been very good to deal with this morning, suppressor already headed back to them, overnight, on their dime.

Same reason I wanted to pick one up. Good to know the customer service is top notch. I remember seeing one on here with a baffle strike on and how well they handled that. I just hope it isn't a vortex situation. Great warranty, but you're gonna use it.

dreadi

FNG
If anyone is using a thread pitch adapter, you're adding stacking tolerances, and that's not good

When you use a muzzle device to mount a suppressor, you're adding "stuff". And anytime you add stuff to your mix, you will get different outcomes. Different muzzle devices make bullets and gas travel differently.

Depending on the cartridge, it doesn't take much to get a silencer too hot to handle.

You need to try various ammo.

I shoot all my groups suppressed if I have a rifle with threads. I note the deviation if no can is on and figure those will be close shots as I’m moving.

In one rifle, LMT MWS with omega can, I get a 2 MOA shift between can or no can with 168 FGMM. I get virtually no shift with hornady black 168.

So in conclusion, it could be you barrel, your can or your load. Work the variables!!