Suppressors - first round impact shift

Robobiss

Lil-Rokslider
No. I think it’s 4 out of 9 (?).
Out of curiosity, with the issues that Ryan and now you have had, why would you purchase so many of them? Assuming of course you didn’t pull the trigger on 9 at once and get a batch approval or keep buying while others were in jail before you found your own accuracy/repeatability issues.

Do you really like the brand, and what they stand for, or something? Or do they have a killer value (or seem to) for the price point?

With so many great suppressors on the market, many brands with few to no issues, why buy so many if they seem to be inconsistent and have problems?

Would you recommend them to a stranger? Or would you advise someone to “buy something else”?

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Out of curiosity, with the issues that Ryan and now you have had, why would you purchase so many of them?

I didn’t buy any of them, nor did I choose them.

Assuming of course you didn’t pull the trigger on 9 at once and get a batch approval or keep buying while others were in jail before you found your own accuracy/repeatability issues.

5 or 6 were bought at once- I didn’t choose them.

With so many great suppressors on the market, many brands with few to no issues, why buy so many if they seem to be inconsistent and have problems?

They were all bought at once for the S2H rental rifles.

Would you recommend them to a stranger? Or would you advise someone to “buy something else”?

I am very suppressor agnostic, but from what I’ve seen, no I would not choose them.

Robobiss

Lil-Rokslider
I didn’t buy any of them, nor did I choose them.

5 or 6 were bought at once- I didn’t choose them.

They were all bought at once for the S2H rental rifles.

I am very suppressor agnostic, but from what I’ve seen, no I would not choose them.
Ahhh fair enough, the rental rifles. That makes sense.

They were never on my radar personally, but im always looking for another one, so I guess it’s a good couple data points to have. Thanks!

TreeDog

Lil-Rokslider
Sound suppression at the top of the charts, and just over half the cost of a tbac 9 made it an easy choice for me.

DD has been very good to deal with this morning, suppressor already headed back to them, overnight, on their dime.

Same reason I wanted to pick one up. Good to know the customer service is top notch. I remember seeing one on here with a baffle strike on and how well they handled that. I just hope it isn't a vortex situation. Great warranty, but you're gonna use it.

dreadi

FNG
If anyone is using a thread pitch adapter, you're adding stacking tolerances, and that's not good

When you use a muzzle device to mount a suppressor, you're adding "stuff". And anytime you add stuff to your mix, you will get different outcomes. Different muzzle devices make bullets and gas travel differently.

Depending on the cartridge, it doesn't take much to get a silencer too hot to handle.

You need to try various ammo.

I shoot all my groups suppressed if I have a rifle with threads. I note the deviation if no can is on and figure those will be close shots as I’m moving.

In one rifle, LMT MWS with omega can, I get a 2 MOA shift between can or no can with 168 FGMM. I get virtually no shift with hornady black 168.

So in conclusion, it could be you barrel, your can or your load. Work the variables!!

So far all my cans group consistently. No weird ‘fliers’ or terrible groups.

Liberty Precision Mach S x2
CGS Hyperion
DD Enticer L-Ti (only used on a 308 so far but it shoots great for about 100 or so rounds)

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Same reason I wanted to pick one up. Good to know the customer service is top notch. I remember seeing one on here with a baffle strike on and how well they handled that. I just hope it isn't a vortex situation. Great warranty, but you're gonna use it.
I grabbed an lti because I wanted to try something from a smaller company, I already have a tbac ultra 7, SiCo scythe and a banish 30.

I guess with all these pop up companies, there’s bound to be some low quality work out there…diligent defense, resilient, rugged, griffin, etc etc….

Favorite of the 3 and why?
That’s a good question, but not easy to answer.

I really like the LPM Mach S for the size, weight, and suppression. They live on my two main hunting rifles and have honestly been fantastic. Maybe a bit heavier than DD, and around $1k, but they’re solid, quiet, and shoot really well. No regrets on those

The CGS Hyperion lives on an Accuracy International AT. It’s the longest and heaviest but it’s also the quietest by far. I’d use it on a hunting rifle but at over 9” you’d have to have a pretty short barrel to keep it handy.

I really like the DD Enticer L-Ti also. So far I haven’t had any issues. It’s barely behind the CGS in terms of being quiet but is shorter and lighter. It’s a great option I think for its specs. Kind of concerning the issues that are covered in this thread and others, but hopefully those get resolved.

All that to say: I like them all. I’d do the LPM Mach S again in a heartbeat on a mountain rifle. And the Hyperion for anything you don’t care about length/weight

dreadi

FNG
I use an adapter with tons of rounds, switching between on/off, and this has never an issue with my TBAC U7.

You're using a thread pitch adapter and it's working out, great. Since you're referencing Thunder Beast, tell them too and they will tell you the same thing. It's not a good practice to encourage. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. What always work is using the correct thread pitch without thread pitch adapters.

khuber84

WKR
I recently acquired a DD STI, LTI and Wolfhunter. I roksett in area 419 titanium hellfire mounts, and also roksett in the front caps. Also my Scythe-Ti was picked up, also 419 hellfire and installed the 3 port anchor brake. All connection glued in roksett into place.

I have been breaking in several new barrels last two days, so not a ton of cold bore testing. The little I have done, prob 12-15 in the last 3 days of shooting, I have not observed this. The new 20" 6cm is pretty much dialed and has repeatedly shot half to quarter minute 5 shot groups at 400 with the same load for 6 groups, so I will verifiy that with a cold bore group tomorrow. The 22cm is shooting pretty well, that's wearing the wolf hunter I'll print a group with it for a data set.

I am not running bare cans, these are all wearing a wrap, either from burn proof gear, or a can schap. So they're approx 3oz heavier than oem spec. They're also mounted entirely different, I don't like direct thread constantly on/off my muzzle threads, I prefer to keep them as low mileage as possible. I'll take the added thread connection and tolerance stacking of the a419 mount. I greatly prefer the fine pitch left hand thread supressor mount especially with RH twist barrels. This is my experience thus far with my three diligent cans.

atmat

WKR
You're using a thread pitch adapter and it's working out, great. Since you're referencing Thunder Beast, tell them too and they will tell you the same thing. It's not a good practice to encourage. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. What always work is using the correct thread pitch without thread pitch adapters.
Can you share the details of any bad experience you’ve personally had with it?

Because looooots of us are using them extensively with zero issues.

Edit: @Formidilosus, how many rounds have you shot suppressed using an adaptor — over 100k?

dreadi

FNG
Can you share the details of any bad experience you’ve personally had with it?

Because looooots of us are using them extensively with zero issues.

Edit: @Formidilosus, how many rounds have you shot suppressed using an adaptor — over 100k?

Once again, great. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't work.

Yes, I could. I could also share personal experience of when it does work. Neither of the opposing experience changes that some outer diameters are not large enough in relation to the bore diameter for certain thread pitches.