Suppressor wait times

gtriple

WKR
Yeah, I'm not a political guy, but the idea of anything firearms related getting easier or simpler in the near future seems.........less than likely.
Not going to speculate on politics, but some of the recent actions of the SC would lead me to disagree with you. There's been some big wins for the 2A and several more appear to be coming.

I'm hopeful, but not quite optimistic. It's going to take a majority House, Senate, and White House to actually make a big dent.

MThuntr

WKR
Silencer Central says some of their Dec 2022 E-forms are being processed. That would suggest mine might be in the mix

I guess I will just live without one until I can get one from the store. I'm not going through all of that hassle, and I think they look stupid on a gun anyhow. lol

I dont know if you are serious or not but I thought the same thing. Then I finally did it and wish I had done it a long time ago. If you have a local dealer there is no hassle. You walk in, buy it, fill out the forms, and leave. Then you wait.

WKR
I dont know if you are serious or not but I thought the same thing. Then I finally did it and wish I had done it a long time ago. If you have a local dealer there is no hassle. You walk in, buy it, fill out the forms, and leave. Then you wait.
I agree. Once I got passed the hesitation to go over the barrier for entry and just did it, I was shocked at how easy and quick it was. I have a great lgs, though.

I guess I will just live without one until I can get one from the store. I'm not going through all of that hassle, and I think they look stupid on a gun anyhow. lol
With the new eform there really isn’t much hassle. It’s super easy process. The only hassle is the waiting period. Both other than the crazy wait it’s a simple process now days. Used to be more of a pain the paper route

Skeezer69

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone lucky enough to have a suppressor get out of jail recently? Wondering how long it took from the time the tax stamp check was cashed by good ole' Uncle Same to the date you got the call to pick it up. I have a TBAC Dominus in jail and the check was cashed on 4/28/21. I have a predator hunt in Texas planned in March and was really hoping to have it in time to take with me. Absolutely no reason for the process to take this long, but I'll save that discussion for another thread.
Still sounding like 6-8 months in most cases… what a joke!

Bubbadoyle

Lil-Rokslider
Reading this post is depressing. I think I will wait until they are legal and buy one locally. Hopefully that process gets shortened or eliminated and its a simple background check and whola, you got it.

This same thought caused me to wait five or more years to get one. Now I’m nearing 250 days on my first two and eagerly awaiting approval that I hope happens very soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

gtriple

WKR
I certified around the end of December. If I want a .22 cal should I buy now and hope it gets lumped with the December approval?
What's the risk? Might as well go ahead and get those cans in the hopper and maybe you get lucky like I did.

You could even try to contact the ATF and let them know that you have multiple suppressors if they'd like to knock them out together. Lol, it might work.

WestTN2288

Lil-Rokslider
I paid for mine in March. Was really hoping to get to the end of this thread and see a light at the end of the tunnel. Looks like mine still has a couple months left at the LGS penitentiary

Hearing about batch approvals I caved and ordered a rimfire can last night. Now I’m praying it can get processed and certified before my 30cal can that has a cert date of 1/11/23 is approved

Rooggvc

WKR
Probably a stupid question.

Everyone is taking about there Certified day? I realized I am not positive what date you guys are referring to? Is it the date you get the email back from the ATF that says your Permit/Control number has changed to SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS?