Suppressor wait times

I would just like there to be some fast-track approval for individuals who’ve already gone through the process. You wait your ~9 months for the first one, but then anything you buy for the next, say, 4 years is auto approved or works like buying a rifle.

At the very least, there should required batch approval for folks with multiple in the queue. It’s all electronic now, seems like it shouldn’t be hard to link new applications for the same person or trust together automatically.

I know we all make this complaint about the inefficiency of the process, I’m just frustrated. Have 2 suppressors I can go use, don’t see why I can’t have my other two in the queue now.

I agree. I have 8 Form 4 suppressors, 3 Form 1 suppressors, and 4 SBRs. You would think that there should be some kind of process to skip the BS. Like TSA PreCheck or something. Hell, I would even pay the same 80 bucks every 3 years like I do for PreCheck.

Sevens

WKR
I agree. I have 8 Form 4 suppressors, 3 Form 1 suppressors, and 4 SBRs. You would think that there should be some kind of process to skip the BS. Like TSA PreCheck or something. Hell, I would even pay the same 80 bucks every 3 years like I do for PreCheck.
Same, I do the $100 for global entry. Gets me PreCheck and gets me through customs fast. Last five years.

Ironically, if your Global Entry expires, but you did request it to be renewed prior to expiration, it still works. Had a six month gap between expiration and approval of my renewal, but it still worked during that time period.

Same, I do the $100 for global entry. Gets me PreCheck and gets me through customs fast. Last five years.

Ironically, if your Global Entry expires, but you did request it to be renewed prior to expiration, it still works. Had a six month gap between expiration and approval of my renewal, but it still worked during that time period.

I used to do Global Entry, but I have stopped traveling internationally, so I just do the PreCheck now.

apparently 10-12 is the correct submission day

NFA trust.
submitted 10/12
approved 12/11

it's a xmas miracle.

last one was march - october.
Sweet! I just got a Form 1 (Trust) back in 14 days, so I was happy to get some of this early approval action as well.

Bouldar

Lil-Rokslider
Submitted 12-23-23
In process 2-3-23
Still waiting.

I have 2 done simultaneously. I wish there was a way to check up on these things.

Woitey

FNG
It should be an over-the-counter transaction. They run an NCIC check on you when you purchase a firearm. So it's just extra bullshit. I'm not real happy about the 200-dollar tax either. Mine was a 278-day wait, for a two stamp gun, ten days for the SBR, and the rest for a tube with baffles in it. I'm a retired Police Sergeant and carry under HR218, and I go through the NCIC thing every year. My name, prints, DNA, are everywhere on the government's computers. There is no justifiable reason for the delay. The check can be, and is done in minutes. Prints, pictures, application, are all just a delay tactic. It was, maybe, justifiable in the 1930"s, but it doesn't have a leg to stand on today.

MThuntr

WKR
Suppressor #1 of 3
SC Purchase: 11/28/2022
Submitted: 12/28/2022
Letter sent to local representative: 12/28/2023
Phone call with representative staffer: 01/03/2024
Approved: 01/04/2024

EDIT: all three approved this morning.

UPDATE 1/24: SC sent two 22k suppressors to the MT contact in Baker, MT with expected deliver to them on 1/25. Unsure of delivery to me. Unknown what happened to my Banish Backcountry even though all the paperwork was done weeks ago. I'm convinced they screwed up the paperwork.

Last edited:

Castronova

Lil-Rokslider
AB Raptor 8 w 2” reflex

Purchased 2/17/23
Submitted 5/14/23
Approved 1/9/24

239 days

I got this today, the day I returned from my Texas hunting trip I started this process for in February, ha!

I contacted my House rep in mid December, they got back to me with the signature form 12/20, the ATF responded this particular form was stuck with the FBI on 1/3 in which my Rep contacted the FBI.
I still have a Form 1 currently at 77 days which was also stuck with the FBI.

Last edited:

Sevens

WKR
CGS Hydra got approved today.
Submit: 7/5/23
Approved: 1/9/24
188 days

Happiness was also crushed hoping maybe my other form 4 would be batch approved with it. No such luck.

Castronova

Lil-Rokslider
EForm 1 SBR
Submitted 10/24/23
Approved 1/10/24

78 days

As stated in post 1751, this is 2 approvals after congressional inquiry to ATF/FBI. FBI actually responded to my reps office yesterday and both approvals came within hours. I have one Form 4 pending at 61 days but is now past FBI and sitting with ATF.

jahaze

FNG
Has anyone seen stats on how many don't get approved? I'm curious, since other than the long wait times, everyone seems to get approved, so it's just a waste of time/energy for some govt employees. Mine took @ 200 days, received in early 2023.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bluefish

WKR
Has anyone seen stats on how many don't get approved? I'm curious, since other than the long wait times, everyone seems to get approved, so it's just a waste of time/energy for some govt employees. Mine took @ 200 days, received in early 2023.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those would be misleading at best. I had one disapproved due to the examiner reading the trust incorrectly/inconsistently. Nothing wrong with me, but a rejection, then resubmitted.

Jackal66

FNG
I sent my paperwork off last week.
First time to apply for a form 4.
Went thru a local dealer and the Silencer Shop.
Single shot trust.
They told em it's usually 6-8 months.
Sometimes it quicker,but don't expect it.