Stocky’s Hunter VG Tikka stock

Macintosh

WKR
What’s the muzzle diameter? It’s not so much the barrel fitting but the bottom metal that comes on the ctr. If someone wants to send us the factory ctr bottom metal we could do a program for it.
Sounds like you have bottom metal offer. If the muzzle diameter is all you need my ctr barrel measures .785 inch just in front of the oem foreend. I’m sure theres several folks here who can measure other points on the barrel if needed.

aron

WKR
Didn't realize I needed a new rifle but now I do for the ROK stock. Excited to see stockys engage with the crowd and open to the input.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

JCMCUBIC

WKR
Very cool.

Shot the current version VG a fair bit this past weekend and it's a good stock. I like it as is but putting Form's shorter reach and neg comb will be a solid improvement if the weight stays ~ the same.

Thanks for what you're producing and what you're going to produce!

BjornF16

WKR
Savage stock just shipped. I'm holding off on the Tikka stock until the ROK/WKR version is released. That will go on my "Rokslide Special"

I ordered one yesterday, the sale price + 10% off (10OFFMAIL) was too good to pass up. It was backordered but I will update when it arrives and if it comes with a recoil lug.
Stock was ordered mid morning 9/5/23 and was on my door step on 9/9/23.

Mountain Tactical recoil lug in the box slipped easily into place and the tolerances were so perfect I couldn't get it back out by hand. Just purchased my second Tikka in .223 today and it dropped in very nicely (the inlet is perfect). Didn't have much time for pictures but I will take some and post them when I get back home. Ill be dropping it off with my smith later this week to get chopped and threaded. Still waffling back n forth on length but I want it to be handy/ light so Ill probably go 16". I might end up at 18" but I already have a threaded 20".

Also it looks like a lot has happened since I ordered the stock. I will be putting it through its paces and seeing how it stacks up to my Allterra Gen1, KRG Bravo and XLR. Will likely order the ROK Stock when it becomes available and good on @Stockys for giving the people what they want. Formadildo and Ryan wont point you in the wrong direction but my .02 are keep it light (end user can bolt on whatever accessories are wanted) and same price point.

Tahoe1305

WKR
10800 is 3/8 too short. The 10809 is about 1/32 too long so there’s a tiny bit of overhang

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Arrived and confirmed. 10800 is a tad short. Holes don’t line up either. Looks like there’s enough material on the stockys to drill new holes but with the small shortage on the bottom I don’t think I want to go that route.

Maybe try 10809.

Attachments

• IMG_8581.jpeg
    IMG_8581.jpeg
    229.7 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_8580.jpeg
    IMG_8580.jpeg
    188 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_8579.jpeg
    IMG_8579.jpeg
    246.6 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_8578.jpeg
    IMG_8578.jpeg
    232.7 KB · Views: 121

amassi

WKR
Arrived and confirmed. 10800 is a tad short. Holes don’t line up either. Looks like there’s enough material on the stockys to drill new holes but with the small shortage on the bottom I don’t think I want to go that route.

Maybe try 10809.

The holes on the 10809 don’t line up either, you’ll need to drill 2 more. They’re far enough apart there’s plenty of carbon to drill into.
I can send pics when I get home
My stock had a pretty big foam void under the recoil pad so I filled it with expanding foam and used jb quik weld on everything for a solid surface (probably definitely overkill)

Tahoe1305

WKR
The holes on the 10809 don’t line up either, you’ll need to drill 2 more. They’re far enough apart there’s plenty of carbon to drill into.
I can send pics when I get home
My stock had a pretty big foam void under the recoil pad so I filled it with expanding foam and used jb quik weld on everything for a solid surface (probably definitely overkill)

I printed the 809 template and am comparing. It appears that the lower half is wider in width as well as length a bit. Is that true?

Good info on the drilling. Also appears LOP will increase to about .3-.5”.

Jimbee

WKR
I took the butt pad off and wasn't able to screw it back on so I super glued it. The machine screws that held it on didn't have anything to thread back into.

nobody

WKR

amassi

WKR

Maybe try 10809.

10809 not fully tightened yet still going to paint etc
746742a2fece15eb8d48cb20fc73a058.jpg