Stocky’s Hunter VG Tikka stock

fwafwow

WKR
In for one of the RSS stocks.

Now I’m confused. I was thinking my next “need” rifle would be a 6.5 Sako S20, but would the new RSS Stocky’s be a better option? 🧐

woods89

WKR
I put 80 rounds through mine today at steel. This version is still a pretty major improvement over the factory stock in terms of recoil and spotting impacts. I’m really happy with it, especially given the sale price. Now it just needs some texture and paint.

Thoughts on that suppressor? 6 stack?

I'm getting pretty close to ordering a 6 or 8 stack for a 22" 6.5 CM.

ElPollo

WKR
Thoughts on that suppressor? 6 stack?

I'm getting pretty close to ordering a 6 or 8 stack for a 22" 6.5 CM.
8-stack with a 3” reflex on a 16” barrel. I friggen love it and am not bothered by the fact that my buddy says it looks like a sex toy strapped to my muzzle. Best gun money I’ve spent in the last 10 years.

woods89

WKR
8-stack with a 3” reflex on a 16” barrel. I friggen love it and am not bothered by the fact that my buddy says it looks like a sex toy strapped to my muzzle. Best gun money I’ve spent in the last 10 years.

Sounds good! I've spent a lot of time trying to decide whether to go 6 or 8 stack. It'll have a 3" bull barrel reflex as well.

sndmn11

Well Known pink hat wearing Rokslider
Now to decide on the name of the stock..

Just call it the WKR, then trademark WKR and sell the trademark back to @Ryan Avery for a lifetime sponsorship slot.

I think ~ 1/2" flat down the center of the foreend and the remainder contoured would satisfy the folks who want to attach pic rails or arca rails on the bottom.

Last year, I found out how valuable a tripod can be as a shooting aid while hunting in open areas with low brush or sage. However, I am usually hunting in timber and hand carrying my rifle, so, most of the time, I don’t really want an Arca rail at the balance points . I do think an embedded two slot M-Lok accessory rail (like the one in the link below) just forward of the front action screw would be nice. If I was hunting in an area where the use of a tripod would be beneficial, I could just throw on the Magpul M-Lok dovetail adapter/ARCA interface. So, while we are making a wish list, please consider having an embedded M-Lok accessory rail as at least an option.

Rather than an mlok slot, why not just bored out 5/16" holed at common intervals so a user can thrown in a tnut and drill the hole they want.

Alternatively, it's pretty easy to drill and bore for tnuts.

Tullis94

WKR
Stockys has agreed to make us an exclusive stock.. the ROK stock. I will start a thread with more info soon. @Formidilosus, and I will make sure it is what we want.
I love the progress you and your group are making in the industry! Is there an estimated timeline? Hopefully 1 year or less? Guess I better start getting parts for another tikka!

Helislacker

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone know if the Stocky’s barrel inlet is wide enough for a CTR? Trying to figure out how many I should be buying.

Aside from making a T3x lite even lighter, the thing with the Stocky’s is they would allow someone to turn a Tikka CTR into something appropriately weighted for hunting.

Stockys

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Part of the stockys appeal is it's light without all the extra crap on it that adds extra weight/cost. I hope it continues that way.
We explain this pretty much on a daily basis. We are going to start offering upgrades soon as add ons. Once the new website launches it’ll be on the pages. Every component added adds more weight than one would think because of the reinforcement needed. That’s also why we decided to not do the bedding block out of aluminum. It added about 6 oz of weight to the stock. We did pressure testing on aluminum vs the carbon fiber composite block and the aluminum gave out at 1 ton of pressure while the cf block was holding strong at 8 tons.